Red Eye Security Limited is a fully licensed security company incorporated in Nigeria which is managed by seasoned security personnel with a wide range of security experiences. The company’s client targets include among others, high-net worth individuals, corporate bodies, educational institutions, private and public offices, government departments and agencies etc.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property;
- Monitoring surveillance equipment;
- Inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points;
- Permitting entry.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities;
- Informing violators of policy and procedures;
- Restraining trespassers.
go to method of application »
- The duties includes but not limited to overseeing guards who protect private property against theft and vandalism.
- If someone is caught trespassing or committing another crime, the supervisor oversees the transfer of the accused person to the custody of local law enforcement personnel.
- Supervision of the security guard on duty, record keeping of visitors in and out of the location, making of periodic checks of security personnel and performance rating and ensuring that the security personnel report to his duty post punctually in the complete uniform and well equipped.
go to method of application »
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a company executive, a chief security officer may also be the public spokesperson for all information security-related company issues.
- Carry out risk assessments and make recommendations to senior management,
- Assess level of risk in terms of wider issues such as international/national terrorism and animal rights issues.
- Ensure that reports are analysed in terms of trends emerging to inform decisions on
- Cost effective deployment of staff, CCTV etc.
- Accountable for the security budget and efficient and effective provision of operational security service.
- Support Teams and Premises Managers in order to facilitate an integrated service.
- Ensure ‘Security by Design’ principles are in place thus reducing the opportunity for crime
- Work with the Head of Protocol and others .
- Advise Senior Management on confidential or sensitive matters and act as a conduit between the organisation and the police at all levels in order to expedite solutions to difficult situations.
- Receive and deal with any information that has a security dimension and deal with this in a confidential manner.
- Devise policies and procedures regarding areas such as business continuity planning, loss prevention and fraud prevention, and privacy.
- Oversee and coordinate security efforts across the company, including information technology, human resources, communications, legal, facilities management and other groups.
- Identify security initiatives and standards.
- Oversee network of vendors and directors who secure the company's assets.
- Oversee safeguarding of intellectual property and computer systems.
- Develop procedures to ensure physical safety of employees and visitors.
- Manage the development and implementation of global security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure security is maintained and updated.
- Create workplace violence awareness and prevention programs.
- Implement video surveillance.
- Prioritize security initiatives.
- Develop network access and monitoring policies.
- Maintain relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
- Develop emergency procedures and incident responses.
- Investigate security breaches.
- Implement disciplinary procedures.
- Conduct audits to find holes in security platform.
- Develop risk management assessments.
- Create global security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security.
- Candidates must have HND/Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Network Systems. Master's degree is an added advantage.
- Must have at least 5years’ experience in IT management, IT security solutions, network administration, database administration, network security, or computer security architecture.
- Must possess active certification in IT courses.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Familiarity with information security strategies, database management, and risk management.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of IT security concepts; LAN/WAN policies; several different operating systems including Windows, Mac OS, Linux and others; network and systems administration; and database and backup security procedures.
- Must be aware of any related governmental regulations on information gathering, sharing, and storage.
- Must be a strong leader with managerial abilities.
- Must be familiar with the relevant laws governing information security and information sharing.
- Must have exceptional problem solving skills and ability to anticipate security risks or potential threats before they occur.
- Must be able to manage multiple systems at once.
- Must have a strong sense of business ethics and principles.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in a business environment with strong organizational skills, project management, and ability to collaborate across multiple levels of personnel.
- Must be able to communicate technical procedures and policies to a non-technical audience.
- Time is spent in offices and behind computers with some hours devoted to training, meetings, and conferences.
- Must be comfortable with long hours of sitting behind a desk.
- Must be on call 24 hours a day to address unexpected security breaches.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale