Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private; non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF, Sokoto office is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy of Assistant to the Head of Mission
Sokoto with regular travel to Abuja and to the projects and places where we intervene in emergencies.
• Support the HoM and Country Management Team (CMT) in the strategic guidance of the Nigeria mission
• Support the HoM through delegated managerial and representation responsibilities when requested
• Assist in the elaboration and maintenance of an active network of context and health-related contacts
• Assist in the elaboration of Nigeria Country Policy, project plans, advocacy strategy and other strategic documents
• Act as a liaison with Federal and State MoH (Ministry of Health) and other officials
• Experience/understanding of public health programs and epidemic response
• Experience in management ideally in large and/or complex structures
• Know/edge and experience in international policy and context analysis
• Experience in dealing with national authorities, national and International NGO's fUN bodies
• Strong negotiating and problem solving skills, patience, diplomacy and resilience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Ability to work independently
• Flexibility and ability to work on multiples tasks with shifting priorities
• Commitment to the aims and values of humanitarianism
• Willingness to work and live in Sokoto
Submit Application Letter, latest Curriculum Vitae (CV} and photocopies of all necessary credentials
with telephone contact details (daytime) in an envelope to one of the addresses below:
In Abuja: Plot 62, 3rd Avenue, EFAS Estate, Kado I Life Camp, Abuja
In Sokoto: No. 26Agaie Road, Behind State CID, Sakata
In Anka, Zamfara State: Along Abare/New 8agega Road, Anka L.G.A Zamtara State.
Or submit via email to: Nigeriafirstname.lastname@example.org