The Support to National Malaria Programme (SuNMaP); a UKaid Malaria Programme seeks to recruit professionals with technical expertise in Malaria control and treatment in Africa; particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa. The SuNMaP Project focuses on strengthening the delivery of malaria efforts towards reducing malaria within the target population of women and children under five. The approach towards achieving these objectives is to work closely with stakeholders in the public and private sector including civil societies, NGOs, faith-based organisations as well as the commercial sector. The following positions are currently vacant within the programme;.
This senior position is based in Abuja and is embedded within the National Malaria Control Programme and will provide technical support to the National Coordinator, the Programme and its partners - largely in the following areas:
• Revise the coordination framework for the programme in light of the lessons on its implementation so far.
• Ensure the Nigeria Malaria Partnership Coordination continues to be effective.
• Work with all stakeholders (at the Federal and State Government agencies) to ensure harmonization of their coordination framework.
• Manage the synchronization of Malaria plans to ensure effective communication with stakeholders at all levels;
• Support technical coordination and work effectively with other technical assistance support to the NMCP.
• Agree monthly work-plans and deliverables with the National Coordinator.
• An experienced Health professional with a Master’s degree in International or Public health, with at least 10-15 years post-qualification experience in the public health sector and in an African country.
• Proven technical skills in malaria and malaria case management. A good understanding of the operations of the Ministries of health and the ability to operate at enhanced levels within the donor community.
• Excellent communication and project management skills are also essential for this position.
The Capacity Building Manager will be based in Abuja and will be responsible for coordinating and providing technical support to activities related to capacity building across the entire Programme.
• Liaise with other technical and state managers to ensure effective implementation of programme strategies relating to MNCP and programme capacity packages.
• In collaboration with the Programme Technical Director, provide support to the MNCP in the review of the National Capacity building strategies for the management of malaria control (Operational planning, M&E and Malaria Case Management).
• Ensure quality assurance processes are in place for all programme activities.
• Prepare quarterly activity plans highlighting activities to be carried out over the period.
• Develop terms of reference, participate in the consultant selection, debriefing, oversee implementation and finalize reports for activities being carried out.
• Track performance of work-plan indicators and provide quarterly progress reports.
• An experience Health professional with a Masters in Public Health, Health Management or other related fields with a minimum of 10- years post qualification experience in health systems and within the Nigerian context.
• An excellent knowledge of health systems strengthening concepts with a minimum of 5-years’ experience in a coordinating role.
• Excellent communication skills particularly in report writing and presentation skills; are required for this position. Hands-on experience in project and stakeholder management in a similar working environment will be an added advantage.
These positions are operationally based in each of the three programme offices; namely; Kano, Lagos and Niger. The Technical Malaria Manager will be responsible for providing technical support to the State Ministry of Health and other partners engaged in malaria control effort. S/he will be involved in direct implementation of projects for the control of malaria at the State, community and grass-root levels.
S/he will coordinate and maintain an oversight of programme activities in the State as well as in other cluster states within the region. The incumbent will also provide technical support to the state-level malaria control efforts including harmonization of malaria control efforts at the state level
• Plan with SMCP and other partners to strengthen delivery of malaria control programme.
• Coordinate planned interventions within supported state in the area of capacity building of health workers within public and private sector, antimalaria commodity distribution and logistics management.
• Strengthen the implementation of preventive measures against malaria; Coordinate the public sector, private sector and civil society on-site training of health workers and PMVs on malaria diagnosis and case management;
• Coordinate Behaviour change communication (BCC) and community mobilization interventions.
• Oversee a range of technical assistance in the state to strengthen HMIS, LMIS and commodities monitoring systems in the statet. Ensure programme monitoring data are regularly collected, collated and fed-back to the Central programme team.
• Monitor access to LLINs and ACTs through the commercial sector and civil society.
• A Health professional with a Master’s degree in International or Public Health with a minimum of 8years post-qualification experience in the public health sector in Nigeria/Africa.
• S/he must have previous hands-on experience in malaria, general management and disease control. Excellent planning, budgeting and communicating skills are required for this position.
• Previous experience in project management and a strong understanding of health policy formulation and strategy within a donor funding environment will be an added advantage.
These positions are operationally based in each of the programme offices; namely; Anambra, Kaduna, Kano and Lagos. The Market Support Officer will be responsible for supporting market development strategies aimed to the antimalaria commodities (LLINs, ACTs and RDTs) market and its key players. The Market Support Officer will work with the Programme Commercial Sector Partners to analyse the market and design interventions to address identified market constraints. S/he will monitor all market interventions through regular field visits to ensure proper implementation of activities and work closely with the Commercial Sector Manager to document market information for lesson learning and decision making.
• A University degree in Business, Marketing, Pharmacy or other related discipline is required. Demonstration of a good understanding of ‘making markets work for the poor (M4P) is an added advantage.
• A minimum of 3-years’ experience in the market development of commodities, good understanding of the private sector, as well as excellent communication skills is required for this post.
These positions are operationally based in each of these named programme offices (Awka and Enugu).
• The officer will be responsible for providing general accounting services which includes; maintaining proper accounting records, processing advances, reconciliation of expenses, maintain petty cash, bank reconciliation and provide support to the Admin officer in preparing monthly financial forecasts and reports.
• S/he will also provide support for the maintenance of the assets register and ensure cordial relationship with the official bankers.
• A University degree in Accounting or Business Administration with a minimum of 3 years working experience is required.
• S/he must have a strong hands-on knowledge of the use of accounting software packages, with the ability to work with minimum supervision. .
• An excellent communication skill is required for this position. Prior experience in a donor funding environment will be an added advantage.
To apply, click here