iRecruiters Africa - Our client is a reputable International Risk Management Company offering services such as Journey management, Manned Guarding, Physical and Technical Security Systems, Personnel and Asset Tracking and Management as well as Maritime services and Risk related consultancy etc.
Location/Coverage: Nigeria – National
Travel Required: As directed or required
The General Manager is a key and senior member of the Company executive management team and is responsible for the efficient and effective management of all the company operations inside and outside of Nigeria.
Line of Reporting:
- This role reports directly to the Commercial Manager, with direct access to the Managing Director, and works closely with the Executive Officer regarding all support services and financial matters.
- All operations line-managers’ report directly to the General Manager; this includes:
- Regional operations managers in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
- Heads of Department (HOD) for Manned Guarding, Journey Management, Technical Services, Tracking Services and Maritime operations; plus, HODs for any additional service lines that may be developed.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development and delivery of the Company’s strategic business plan to deliver sustainable growth.
- Coordinating and ensuring quality and sustainable delivery of key performance objectives for functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key function managers; i.e ensures overall delivery and quality of the Company’s operations and customer service.
- Budgetary responsibility for all operational matters, including development and managing the operational budget and authority for purchasing in accordance with the Company financial authorities.
- Evaluate and advise upon key investments in infrastructure, equipment and talent.
- Develop and promote management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, training, coaching and where necessary disciplining managers.
- Develop staff morale and performance through effective communications of objectives, expectations, and the Company policy linked to effective staff development and training.
- Proactively support business within the Company; including development and production of proposals as required.
- Oversee implementation of the Company’s quality assurance and control practices to ensure compliance at all levels with the Company’s policies and procedures and relevant regulatory and industry best practice expectations; including PSC 1.
- Build the Company’s image by collaboration with all stakeholders, including staff, clients, the local communities where we work and government; including the enforcement of ethical business practices.
- Communicate strategy and results to staff.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and non-verbal; fluency in English essential.
- Mission orientated, flexible and independent decision maker.
- Extensive senior management experience; ideally in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead diverse teams in challenging environments.
- Experienced in conflict management in a multi-cultural work place.
- Sound experience in developing and implementing international business practices and standards; including related quality assurance and audit programmes.
- Sound understanding and experience in delivering effective business development and risk management solutions in challenging business environments,
- Competent in emergency & crisis management (ECM); ideally including kidnap and ransom situations.
- Very good IT skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to iRecruiters Africa Limited career website on www.irecruitersafrica.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.