RF Optimization Engineer at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 15 June, 2017
Deadline: 22 June, 2017
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Core Purpose of the Job
- Coordinate and monitor Managed Services vendors to ensure that carry out optimization activities in line with MTNN strategy in order to achieve cell level KPI’s without compromising Network integrity and customer experience.
- Measure Network Capacity and Coverage Enhancement Functions Within the Assigned Cluster With:
- Capacity - Ensure MTNN network accommodates anticipated subscriber level 3 months ahead
- Coverage - Oversee enhancement and coverage optimization with TMA, MHA and indoor repeaters.
- Technology integration - Ensure multiservice sites (2G, 3G, etc) are properly designed and integrated with minimal complexity and good Inter Radio Access Technology performance.
- Measure Network Optimization/Performance Management within the Region with:
- Participate in LAC planning & optimization.
- Drive the management and maintenance network quality
- Track and Monitor Behavior and Status of all sites in the cluster which Includes:
- Nominal plan from Coverage Steering Group
- Planned sites
- Site acquisition status
- Build configuration and status
- Traffic levels
- Quality KPI’s
- Monitor the execution of nominal radio coverage and capacity rollout design for the assigned cluster
- Monitor and analyze network performance and configuration to ensure KPIs are in conformance with targets
- Analyze traffic, utilization and subscriber growth, continuously, in order to foresee needs for capacity expansion.
- Review, prepare and load cell data for integration of sites onto the network
- Coordinate testing of newly integrated sites for performance and necessary network adjustments for optimal network performance post integration.
- Ensure Vendor optimization activities is in line with optimization strategy cascaded by RF Technical specialist
- Monitor Vendor activities within assigned cluster to ensure all activities in scope are being carried out
- Analyze drive test logs to ensure coverage is not compromised for improved KPI's
- Review changes implemented by Vendors to ensure network integrity is not compromised
- Communicate and coordinate special event coverage with Vendors
- Maintain accurate and thorough Knowledge of the network architecture
- Evaluate and approve capacity expansion requests by MS Vendors
- Vet penalty execution claims monthly
- First degree in Electrical/Electronic or Telecommunications Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- RF Optimisation experience with a GSM or Wireless Telecomm operator
- Experience on 3G Optimisation
- Training on the BSS/RAN/UTRAN aspect Networks
- Radio planning and optimisation of 2G and 3G networks
- Training on vendor specific equipment and software
- Other general training, e.g. Presentation skills etc.
- Normal MTNN office environment.
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to MTN Nigeria career website on e-recruiter.ng to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Human Resource/Administrative Manager at a Technology Company
- Full Stack Web Developer at PreDiagn
- ICT Instructors at Obachaste Institute of Learning
- Business Process Manager at MainOne Cable Nigeria
- Customer Service Manager / Post-Sales Technical Support at Trend Micro Nigeria
- Web / Software/ Financial Web Developer at Access Solutions Limited
- Supply Chain Manager at eHealth Africa (eHA)
- Information Technology Roles at Bincom ICT Solutions Limited