Title of Post: Driver/ Clerk Post Number: 10010392
Location: UNHCR Office, Abuja.
Date of Entry on Duty: 1 May 2011 Category and Level GL3
Closing Date: 18 April 2011
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The driver/ clerk position in the office fall under direct supervision of the administrative officer/ assistant. He/she will be responsible for up keep and maintenance of the assigned UNHCR vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the organisation. He/She is required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by !he supervisor. In addition, the incumbent is also required to perform assigned clerical/ maintenance tasks. The specific functions include:
1. Drive UNHCR vehicles for various official mission, courier services and for other official assignments; as and when transport service is provided to officials passengers (almost always UNHCR/ UN officials or otherwise authorized persons by the Administrative Officer). it is the incumbents responsibility to ensure that the passengers follow the standard security measures during the journey;
2. Provide assistance to the UNHCRJUN staff at the immigration and entry/exit points to the country; it involves providing guidance in customs clearance and assisting in immigration formalities;
3. Be responsible for UNHCR courier/ pouch service and other errands that maybe required within the administration of the office;
4. Ensure that all UNHCR vehicles are road worthy and are maintained up to be established security standards; in case a vehicle(s) is not up to standard, he/she should bring it to the immediate attention of the Office administration;
5. Be responsible for the vehicle log book: it requires that the incumbent record/ register all travel and during assignments as per established record (log) book. Failure to ha\'e an up to date and accurate log book is considered as violation of driving code of the office;
• Education and Skills: Completion of the Secondary Education With fluency in the reading, writing and comprehension of the local
• Valid national driving license with a minimum of 4 years accident free experience in motor car and 4 wheels drive vehicles for an
International organisation or a reputed government/ private establishment
• Sound knowledge in motor car maintenance and routine mechanical repairs.
• Practical knowledge of UNHCR, its functions and responsibilities.
• Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service oriented manner in demanding working conditions.
• Exposure to routine administrative and maintenance functions of UNHCR country
Four years of progressively responsible Driver/Clerk in International Organisation. Formal training in motor mechanics and vehicle maintenance.
Good knowledge of the local language(s) and the working knowledge in English and/or French.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
If you wish to be considered for the post, please address your application to the Administrative/Programme Associate, UNHCR, Branch Office Abuja (UN House, Central Area District) to reach not later than 18April 2011.