Job Opportunity at the Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) - Options Nigeria
Posted on: 16 February, 2017
Deadline: 3 March, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Options
Options Nigeria - The Maternal, New-born and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States.
Contract type: Full Time / Fixed term contract
- We are seeking an Accountability and Advocacy Advisor to be based in Kano to contribute and work within a dynamic five year programme called Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2); to monitor and oversee the Accountability, Advocacy and Evidence strategy, and make sure it is developed and rolled out successfully.
Oversee implementation of advocacy and evidence strategy:
- Support the development of the accountability, advocacy and evidence strategy; and ensure the strategy contributes effectively to the MNCH2 programme outcomes.
- Ensure the strategy is appropriately adapted for each State context, and effectively translated into State level work plans/
- Oversee and quality assure processes as performed under Options led programme indicators, and make sure interventions are sustained beyond the life of the programme, for example through the institutionalization of Facility Health Committees (FHCs) across all states
Strengthen MNCH accountability structures:
- Support the preparation for, and participation in, output-to-purpose reviews
- Draw on expertise available among a team of national and international advisors.
- At least 10 years experience of working on large international development programmes in the area of accountability, governance and advocacy in the health sector.
- Experience with the development of accountability and advocacy strategies, and in having a leading role in the implementation of these strategies.
- A sound understanding of core social development concepts, such as voice, accountability, rights-based approaches, gender, equity and social inclusion and/or citizen participation.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with existing accountability mechanisms in Northern Nigeria.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with Maternal Death Reviews at facility and state level.
- A commitment to achieving effective and efficient delivery of essential health care for pregnant women, newborns and children, alongside routine immunisation.
- A commitment to ensuring that all Nigerian citizens, including women, the poorest and other marginalized groups, are able to have equal voice and participate in holding government accountable in the delivery of public services.
- Experience in identifying and contributing to the design of programme development, including planning formative research, managing consultant inputs, and strategic relationships.
- Experience of working in complex political environments, and a sound knowledge of Nigerian context in terms of MNCH data generation, and use of MNCH data for advocacy planning processes.
- Experience of working to strengthen evidence-based decision-making at state and sub-st level.
- Experience working effectively with Local Government Area (LGA), State and Federal authorities.
- Experience in managing large teams, including providing mentoring in key areas.
- An advanced degree in Public health or a relevant field.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including reporting concisely in a range formats (reports, briefings, etc)
- Excellent ability to track deliverables and work to tight deadlines.
- In depth understanding of the political, social, economic, and cultural context of Northern Nigeria.
Benefits & Salary
- Commensurate with experience
- Life insurance
- Accident insurance
- Health insurance
- 20 days leave (excluding public holidays)
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's with a summary note of your skills and experience to:firstname.lastname@example.org stating the role in the subject header of your mail.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
- Options is an equal opportunities employer.
- Candidates are required to have the right to work in Nigeria.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about OptionsSimilar Jobs
- APP Editor at ActionAid Nigeria
- MEAL & Assessment Manager at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Latest Vacancies at The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Fresh Job Recruitment
- Jobs at Girl Effect Nigeria
- Request For Quotations at Norwegian Church Aid
- Job Opportunities at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Country Director at Center for Civilians in Conflict's (CIVIC)