If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Nigeria, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy below:
Job ID: #1892684
Job type: Fixed-Term
Vacancy Number: 2017/VA/002a
Under the supervision of the Head of Sub-Office, the Senior Human Resources Assistant will:
- Assist in personnel administration, performance management, welfare issues and other HR related matters of staff under the area of responsibility (AOR).
- S/he will liaise with the Human Resources Officer on recruitment processes and appointment of staff,
- Assist in the recruitment, assignment and reassignment of local general service staff. Prepare documents for the interview panel for the recruitment of local staff.
- Process local staff members’ contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures.
- Advise staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, submission of completed forms and related documents to headquarters, arrange travel and hotel reservations
- Liaise with the HR Officer and logistics section in coordinating of shipment of personal effects of newly arrived international staff.
- Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff.
- Provide administrative support to staff and dependents in case of medical evacuations.
- Maintain personnel records in the office, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Initiate calculations for payments related to personnel issues such as settlement of travel claims, overtime claims, hazard pay, MIP reimbursements, medical and security evacuations, shipment costs.
- Initiate routine correspondence on HR matters for the authorizing officer’s approval.
- Perform other duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of secondary education with certificates in secretarial and administrative training.
- Minimum 5 years of previous relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
Desirable Qualifications & Competences
- Working knowledge of other UN language(s).
- Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their application/letter of motivation, resume and fully completed UN Personal History Form (P11) and send via email ONLY to: email@example.com quoting in the subject line the above vacancy notice number and title of the position.
Click Here to Download UN Personal History Form (P11)
- A written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency based interview.
- There is no need to send other certificates along with the application and P.11 at this stage.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.