The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Nigeria, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy below:
Job ID: #1892684
Job type: Fixed-Term
Vacancy Number: 2017/VA/002a
Under the supervision of the Head of Sub-Office, the Senior Human Resources Assistant will:
- Assist in personnel administration, performance management, welfare issues and other HR related matters of staff under the area of responsibility (AOR).
- S/he will liaise with the Human Resources Officer on recruitment processes and appointment of staff,
- Assist in the recruitment, assignment and reassignment of local general service staff. Prepare documents for the interview panel for the recruitment of local staff.
- Process local staff members’ contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures.
- Advise staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, submission of completed forms and related documents to headquarters, arrange travel and hotel reservations
- Liaise with the HR Officer and logistics section in coordinating of shipment of personal effects of newly arrived international staff.
- Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff.
- Provide administrative support to staff and dependents in case of medical evacuations.
- Maintain personnel records in the office, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Initiate calculations for payments related to personnel issues such as settlement of travel claims, overtime claims, hazard pay, MIP reimbursements, medical and security evacuations, shipment costs.
- Initiate routine correspondence on HR matters for the authorizing officer’s approval.
- Perform other duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of secondary education with certificates in secretarial and administrative training.
- Minimum 5 years of previous relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
Desirable Qualifications & Competences
- Working knowledge of other UN language(s).
- Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their application/letter of motivation, resume and fully completed UN Personal History Form (P11) and send via email ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the subject line the above vacancy notice number and title of the position.
Click Here to Download UN Personal History Form (P11)
- A written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency based interview.
- There is no need to send other certificates along with the application and P.11 at this stage.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale