Job Vacancy at Medecins Du Monde
Posted on: 8 February, 2017
Deadline: 9 May, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Medecins Du Monde
Medecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Under the responsibility of the general coordinator, you guarantee that the medical activities implemented are in line with MdMs strategy and you are responsible of every medical aspect of the program.
- You are supervising the health program coordinator, database officer and pharmacist concerning technical aspect and health activities implementation.
More specifically, you:
- Drive the medical and technical aspects in the development of MdMs strategy and make sure the different components are in accordance with donor obligations.
- Participate to the implementation of medical activities in link with the needs.
- Conduct rapid health assessments when requested.
- Analyse the medical data received on a weekly basis, and provide feedbacks.
- Are responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the medical program.
- Supervise the medical team, are responsible for ensuring the team capacity building and ensure that recruitments are completed on time.
- Organise regular meetings with the medical teams as well as performance evaluation.
- Ensure the supervision of the medical stock and logistic chain for medical purchase.
- Participate to the different intern and extern meetings, especially on health and nutrition cluster meetings.
- Lead on liaison with the Minister of Health authorities and participate in the identification of MdM operational partner for Gender Based Violence component.
- Participate in the writing of donors activity reports and proposals.
Conditions of Employment
- Status: Employee
- Contract: Fixed term contract
- Duration: 9 months
- Based in Maiduguri, with movements to Abuja
- Starting date: Mid april 2017
- Single posting
Skills and Experience Needed
- Medical Doctor
- Significant experience in public health and/or project coordination
- At least 5 years of experience in nonprofit sector, with minimum 2 years in humanitarian response
- Experience in working within the cluster system
- Knowledge in primary health care and sexual reproductive health
- Experience in supervising health promotion activities and some basic mental health activities
- Experience in working with local authorities, partners
- Ability to manage a multinational team
- Ability to have a global overview of a program
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good writing, computer and communication skills
- Capacity to work and to live in tense conditions
- Languages: fluent English is required
- You are committed to MdMs values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
Method of Application
- Telephone application will not be accepted
- Medecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
- MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Interested and qualified? Go to Medecins Du Monde career website on mdm.profilsearch.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Medecins Du MondeSimilar Jobs
- Job at Biodiversity Preservation Center (BPC)
- Human Resources Country Manager at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Job Vacancies at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Advocacy and Communications Officer at Action Against Hunger | AAH-International
- Procurement Roles at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
- Admin Manager at Mines Advisory Group (MAG International)
- Job Vacancies at Oxfam Nigeria
- Head of Business Development at Save the Children Nigeria