Medical Director at the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi
Posted on: 7 February, 2017
Deadline: 21 March, 2017
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at National Hospital
The National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi is located along the ever busy motorway (Ikorodu Road) in Lagos. The institution is the first and the largest centre in Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa for the management and rehabilitation of Orthpaedic, trauma and accident cases.
- The Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the institution. He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
- The Medical Director is charged with the responsibility of the execution of policies and matters affecting the day-today management of the affairs of the hospital.
- Candidates must be Medical Practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria not less than fifteen (15) years post qualification;
- Candidates must be fellows of either the National Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent registerable by the Medical arid Dental Council of Nigeria;
- Candidates must be fellows in Orthopaedics and Traumatology duly acquired and registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria;
- Candidates must have been Consultants for a minimum often (10) years;
- Candidates must be medically fit;
- Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity;
- Evidence of Medical Researches is an added advantage;
- Administrative qualification and experience is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is an added advantage.
Salary and allowances
Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Structure for this category of officer.
Method of Application
Applicants should send Twenty (20) copies of application letters and Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The Head of Administration,
National Orthopaedic Hospital,
P. M. B. 2009
Lagos State. Note
- Candidate should enclose his/her Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years in not more than 1,000 words.
- The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of Not less than twenty-five (25) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness.
- Recommendation letters from the referees should be sent directly to the above address by the referees.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about National HospitalSimilar Jobs
- Security Officers at Synapse Services
- Entry-Level Pharmacy Technicians at Imo International Health Systems Limited
- Country Manager at Roche
- Chief Nursing Officer at Lily hospitals Limited
- Lab Scientist at Imo International Health Systems Limited
- Medical Officers at Newgate Medical Services Limited
- Corps Member/Fresh Graduates Recruitment at Rescue Technologies
- Fresh Recruitment at Jajo Hospital