Latest Job Vacancy at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 3 February, 2017
Deadline: 9 February, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
- Responsible for the implementation of Protection (mainly Protection of Civilian Population, PCP) in her/ his Area of Responsibility(AoR)
- Participates in the analysis of the situation and humanitarian issues.
- Treats information with confidentiality and accuracy, and maintains an adapted and respectful attitude towards beneficiaries, interlocutors and colleagues
- Participates in networking and dialogue with relevant interlocutors, ensures interaction with other departments (Assistance, Prevention and Cooperation), Sub-delegations and offices, the NRCS and external contacts.
- Collection, analysis and monitoring of incidents, including protection concerns, in order to identify trends, with a priority to the humanitarian consequences of the armed conflict in the AoR.
- Contributes to the reporting of violent incidents and Health Care in Danger incidents tables.
- Acts as a source of information in the AoR for Communication, Cooperation departments and Management or Delegates. Advises, and guides them in their networking activities
- University degree in a relevant field, preferably in the field of law
- 4 years experience in the Protection/Tracing
- Excellent written and spoken English, Hausa, Kanuri (Shuaa-Arab and French an asset)
- Good computer skills: knowledge in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Represents the organization properly with different level of interlocutors.
- Sound analytical skills, Good knowledge of the Area of Responsibility - AoR (Political, cultural and geographical)
- Team-work oriented, sound communication skills, familiar with protocol and official diplomatic communication
- Very good communication and inter-personal skills: ability to deal with people respectfully and showing empathy towards others (colleagues, beneficiaries, authorities)
- Ability to work independently, and capacity to take initiatives when appropriate
- Leadership skills with ability to manage and supervise tasks with effectiveness as per the set priorities
- Able to work under pressure; flexible and open to extra working hours if necessary
- Capacity to carry out activities and manage files of importance in the field of ICRC PROT activities (RFL, PCP and Missing).
- Staff management capacity and very good team spirit
- Ability to keep discretion and handling confidential matters effectively
- Sound capacity to strictly apply ICRC rules and procedures
- Adaptability and capacity to integrate changes and deal with important volume of work
- Punctual, reliable, confirmed organizational skills and sound analytical skills
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications, CV's and contact details of three referees to:
- Please clearly indicate "Protection Field Officer, Damaturu" as the subject of your application. (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Openings at The Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Consultants at Christian Aid (CA)
- Country Director at ZOA Nigeria
- Programme Manager (Shelter) at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Job Openings at Save the Children Nigeria
- Anesthetist Nurse at Medecins Sans Frontieres - Spain
- Communications Roles at the Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD)
- Latest Jobs at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)