Latest Job Vacancy at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 3 February, 2017
Deadline: 9 February, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
- Responsible for the implementation of Protection (mainly Protection of Civilian Population, PCP) in her/ his Area of Responsibility(AoR)
- Participates in the analysis of the situation and humanitarian issues.
- Treats information with confidentiality and accuracy, and maintains an adapted and respectful attitude towards beneficiaries, interlocutors and colleagues
- Participates in networking and dialogue with relevant interlocutors, ensures interaction with other departments (Assistance, Prevention and Cooperation), Sub-delegations and offices, the NRCS and external contacts.
- Collection, analysis and monitoring of incidents, including protection concerns, in order to identify trends, with a priority to the humanitarian consequences of the armed conflict in the AoR.
- Contributes to the reporting of violent incidents and Health Care in Danger incidents tables.
- Acts as a source of information in the AoR for Communication, Cooperation departments and Management or Delegates. Advises, and guides them in their networking activities
- University degree in a relevant field, preferably in the field of law
- 4 years experience in the Protection/Tracing
- Excellent written and spoken English, Hausa, Kanuri (Shuaa-Arab and French an asset)
- Good computer skills: knowledge in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Represents the organization properly with different level of interlocutors.
- Sound analytical skills, Good knowledge of the Area of Responsibility - AoR (Political, cultural and geographical)
- Team-work oriented, sound communication skills, familiar with protocol and official diplomatic communication
- Very good communication and inter-personal skills: ability to deal with people respectfully and showing empathy towards others (colleagues, beneficiaries, authorities)
- Ability to work independently, and capacity to take initiatives when appropriate
- Leadership skills with ability to manage and supervise tasks with effectiveness as per the set priorities
- Able to work under pressure; flexible and open to extra working hours if necessary
- Capacity to carry out activities and manage files of importance in the field of ICRC PROT activities (RFL, PCP and Missing).
- Staff management capacity and very good team spirit
- Ability to keep discretion and handling confidential matters effectively
- Sound capacity to strictly apply ICRC rules and procedures
- Adaptability and capacity to integrate changes and deal with important volume of work
- Punctual, reliable, confirmed organizational skills and sound analytical skills
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications, CV's and contact details of three referees to:
- Please clearly indicate "Protection Field Officer, Damaturu" as the subject of your application. (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Fresh Job Opportunities at Mercy Corps
- TA - Child Protection Officer at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists at Cuso International
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Randstad Construction Property Engineering - Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Job Opportunities at FHI 360
- Graduate WASH Technical Assistant at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Logistics Coordinator at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)