Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Project Overview and Role
- The Palladium Group develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 counties.
- The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID).
- The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States. In return we offer:
- A friendly and team-based working environment
- Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues
- Vital contribution to improving maternal and newborn services in Northern Nigeria
- The opportunity to truly ?make a difference?
- A competitive salary with benefits
- The Finance Officer will assist the Senior Finance Manager in the Finance management of MNCH2.
- The Finance Officer is responsible for ensuring smooth financial operations to support the timely and effective implementation of project?s work.
- In consultation with the Senior Finance Manager, he/ she will ensure compliance of all financial transactions of the MNCH2 program.
- Prepare suppliers payment transaction vouchers
- Maintain petty cash in the safe and ensure petty cash reconciliation are undertaken.
- Receive and monitor invoices and cash payment requests vouchers to ensure timely processing
- Process all cash and bank payment as per the approved payment vouchers received
- Pay cash to the payee in the Head Office
- Prepare cheque and bank letters / pay schedules for approval and make the payment
- Update by posting entries to the weekly bank and petty cash transaction summaries and submit the same to the Senior Finance Manager.
- Notify state offices on cash in transit and transfers remitted
- Replenish the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit
- Ensure MNCH2 policies and procedures are respected in all the cash transactions
- Carry out cash count as per the MNCH2 policy and schedule.
- Maintain a filing system of the payment documents in a professional manner.
- Liaise with staff on document completion and proper coding based on the standard chart of accounts
- Scan the payment supporting documents and post the same on Palladium Share Point platform
- Contribute to the overall objective of MNCH2 program by providing quality support service to the technical team.
- Be willing to travel to MNCH2 six states to perform Finance and Administrative duties whenever called upon
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or an Undergraduate Degree in Accounting or Financial Management.
- Significant financial management experience.
- Experience managing DFID-funded activities and thorough knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements preferred.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Expert skills in Excel Spreadsheets, QuickBooks or similar accounting software, as well as Word; comfortable in a Windows PC environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on thepalladiumgroup.com to apply