Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Locations: Sokoto, with field visits to areas of intervention in Zamfara, Kebbi & Niger
Main Objective and Responsibility
- Participate in defining, planning and monitoring medical activities and programs in the field in accordance with MSF protocols as well as coordinate human and material related resources needed in order to ensure the quality of care provided by MSF.
- Description of the responsibilities/activities
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the rest of the team, the Medical Coordinator and MoH partners, defines implements and monitors medical activities according to MSF project plan, standards and protocols.
This implies the following:
- Be responsible for medical data collection, analysis and reporting to the Medical Coordination in the capital, to ensure a proper monitoring of the program
- Participate in the development of the project policy eprep planning, annual plan, project proposal, budget review and project reports to donors.
- Participate in exploratory missions / situation assessments and define medical operational priorities when needed.
- Ensure regular contact M0H, and other local medical actors.
- Monitor activity in the different medical specialties, as well as providing technical support to medical personnel in the field through self- knowledge and policies to help MSF medical activities in the field. In this sense, includes monitoring and ensuring compliance with the protocols of MSF medical activities.
- Analysis of medial data provided and/or gathered by the NERU team on outbreaks and trends in the areas where the NERU team is working In.
- Medical implementation of emergency response in collaboration with the project coordinator and logistics team
- Coordinate, supervise, coach and support medical team members’ performance to improve the medical components of the project and ensure compliance with MSF protocols and standards as well as MoH protocols.
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the Project Coordinator, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal / external communication) of the medical staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people capabilities.
- Supervise an efficient management of the MSF field pharmacy and medical equipment, in conjunction with the Logistics, and monitor consumption follow-up and preparation of drug orders to avoid stock shortages and provide drugs at all circumstances and also consider program directions and protocol changes.
- Implement together with the medical coordinator and medco assistant the health policy for international and national staff, providing all prophylactic and preventive necessary measures, structures and emergency plans, coordinate with the medical coordinator any medical evacuation in order to ensure MSF staff health.
- Medical Doctor or paramedical degree.
- Desirable specialisation or training in Tropical or studies related to Epidemiology
- 2 years working experience related to the diploma/degree and previous experience in MSF in the field.
- Data analysis and outbreak response, Computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Very good written English.
- Hausa is desirable.
- Strategic vision, leadership, people management, planning and teamwork.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application Letter and CV's and the photocopies of all necessary credentials with telephone contact details (daytime) in an envelope specifying on the envelope - "Application for the post of Medical Team Leader" to the address below:
Human Resources Coordinator,
Medecins sans Frontieres - Holland,
No. 26 Agaie Road,
Behind State CID,
Send an email to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview, and only successful applicant will be notified to come to start work.