Head, Human Resource at Centrespread
Posted on: 16 January, 2017
Deadline: 20 January, 2017
View Jobs in Advertising / Branding / PR
View All Jobs at Centrespread
We've been around since 1982. And much like the curious case of Benjamin Button we've created magic by constantly ageing in reverse. It's safe to say we bring really big ideas to fruition and we're able to do that by mimicking the butterfly- consistently renewing our very essence
Job Description: To manage all personnel issues including recruitment, conditions of employment, compensation and benefit schemes, negotiation with external work-related agencies, equality and diversity.
The purpose of this job is to develop and implement policies relating to the effective use of personnel within the organisation, provide administrative and personnel support to all units within the organisation, ensure that the organisation employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience and that training and development opportunities are available to employees to enhance their performance and achieve the business aims.
- Managing the day to day Human Resources functions of the company and coordinating the following: Employee file management; Disciplinary actions; Welfare, Severance management, Leave processing and other Human Resource issues as they arise.
- Organising in-house training programs for Staff and creating a bouquet of learning and training topics.
- Responsible for Recruitment and selection process including Short listing, Testing, Interviewing, report writing and design of offer letters.
- Regular upgrading of the company Handbook
- Designing and conducting induction program for new entrants into the Company.
- Participating in key strategic exercises to boost the company’s profile and retention of all key staff.
- Facilitating the process for acquiring medical facility for all staff by interfacing with health providers.
- Payroll oversight.
- Ensuring operational compliance and meeting of statutory requirements.
- Defining the strategic direction for the Human Resources function and developing HR strategies aligned to the overall strategic direction of the company
- Driving manpower planning processes to ensure all resource requirements are based on periodic business plans and are justified vis-à-vis revenues and growth estimates
- Leading performance management activities (i.e. performance planning/target setting, performance monitoring and periodic performance appraisals
- Developing and implementing compensation strategies and processes that will attract, motivate and retain the right talent required
- Administering and keeping information on benefits and compensation packages up-to-date
- Overseeing the career development, capacity development and progression of all employees
- Managing overall culture of the organization, initiating programs to ensure alignment of culture to company vision, mission and values
- Identifying practical solutions to complex & diverse HR issues & recommending appropriate action plans
- Managing the disciplinary and grievance processes within the company
- Conducting regular employee satisfaction survey and providing necessary data for management decision making.
- Monitoring issues and concerns in employment law and communicating potential changes to management
- Leading and managing all change initiatives within the company
- Must possess strong Leadership, managerial and organisational skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, negotiation, persuasion and people skills
- Must possess excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good customer service orientation, good problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must possess strategic planning skills, discretion and business ethics
- Must possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and be able to work with people of diverse background.
- Must be a team player, able to communicate at all levels internally and externally.
- Must be able to pay great attention to detail and be able to manage and prioritize time
- Must possess a high level of computer literacy(Microsoft office packages)
- Must be flexible and possess a positive and proactive approach
- Must be able to work under pressure, manage several tasks simultaneously while remaining result oriented.
- Must be analytical and possess an ability to appreciate complexities in decision making.
- Must be highly numerate.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience working in a human resources role, 3 years of which must be in a managerial capacity
- Prior experience working in an SME as well as a large corporation is highly desirable
- Experience working with HR software is highly desirable.
- Legal or finance related is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Administration, Social Sciences, Humanities or a related field
- Possession of an advance university degree in human resources is highly desirable.
- Membership of CIPM and / or relevant professional bodies is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CentrespreadSimilar Jobs
- Content Producer at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Graphics/Creative Designer at Ellae Creative Branding Agency Limited
- Graduate Marketing Executives at Greenswealth Corporate Services Limited
- Graphic Designers at Doculand Business Solutions Limited
- Sales Executives at Print Anything™
- Job Opportunities at DODO Design Agency
- Job Openings at Centrespread
- Social Media Marketer at Brelix Online Marketing