Job Vacancies at PACT Nigeria
Posted on: 16 January, 2017
Deadline: 20 January, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at PACT
Pact is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington DC, USA. Pact has been in Nigeria since 2005, and currently implements donor funded development projects in 4 States in the area of Health, integrating livelihoods, capacity development, and governance systems.
- The Community Engagement Officer will provide support for quality programming at LGA levels. Communicates, consult and engage with stakeholders to ensure that initiatives meet policy obligations. Works within the LGA offices to support outreach with ward development committees (WDCs).
- Specifically, he/she will ensures performance assessments, mentoring and training in gender awareness and inclusion; leadership, financial management, note taking, scorecards and other key functions of WDCs. In addition, it includes support for the micro-grants WDCs will receive for implementing small scale improvements for SAQIP.
- Under the direct supervision of the Institutional Strengthening Advisor conduct a thorough, multi-stakeholder community assessment of service delivery and local capacities to cope with it in the target communities and LGAs. The assessments shall be conducted using specific tools including individual questionnaires, interviews, meetings, and focus group discussions with state and local government functionaries and men and women in the target communities.
- Facilitate development of community-specific action plans (with state and LGA and CBO involvement) and provide technical guidance throughout their implementation.
- Provide support in organization and implementation of the community-level activities of the CBO partners including monthly community meetings, capacity building activities, briefings, community awareness raising and information campaigns. etc.
- Organize community-based awareness-raising and education events and campaigns. Negotiate with the local TV stations and media for broadcasting of Public-Social Advertisements (PSAs) and publication of program articles, success stories and materials.
- Provide support in establishment of community monitoring groups with participation of CBO Partners, community dwellers, other NGOs.
- Organize on-the-ground activities for piloting of Referral Systems, conduct monitoring, provide feedback and recommendations.
- Regularly monitor field activities.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with state and local government officials, and other program stakeholders.
- Ensure timely information to the Deputy Director Capacity Development about issues and successes of the activities and contribute to periodic report to donors.
- A tertiary qualification in Communications, Public Relations, Social science or other relevant field and 4 years demonstrated substantial experience in community engagement.
- High level community engagement skills including planning, communication, presentation, facilitation, event management, evaluation, report writing and correspondence.
- Good project management skills, including project planning and scoping, assessment, logistics and implementation
- High level interpersonal skills, including effective verbal and written communication and active listening skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain highly successful, positive working relationships, including the ability to consult, collaborate, negotiate and compromise to ensure effective outcomes.
- Good problem solving skills, along with the ability to set priorities, manage time effectively and process deadlines of projects and programs
- Good keyboard skills and understanding of computer concepts with the ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of programs, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and get things done and delivered in a timely manner.
go to method of application »
- Strategy and Business Development Consultant
- Pact Nigeria seeks an experienced and qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below which will be based in Abuja.
Scope of Work:
- Pact Nigeria seeks to engage a Strategy & Business Development Consultant for a period of six (6) months to provide support to the Country Director in the following assignments:
- Develop and manage external communication and sustained engagement in order to expand Pact Nigeria’s network of strategic partnerships with other INGO’s; indigenous organizations; donors; Federal Government of Nigeria; State Governments; Private Sector; Private Foundations; Think-Tanks; Academic/Research sector etc.
- Lead the Country Strategy review process through engagement with other INGO’s; indigenous organizations; donors; Federal Government of Nigeria; State Governments; Private Sector; Private Foundations; Think-Tanks; Academic/Research sector etc.
- Develop a mechanism for reviewing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the Country Strategy
- Participate in programs strategy development and execution.
Business Development Support:
- Research around new development trends and advice on growth opportunities
- Develop business cases for: social enterprise programming; social impact investment; Microfinance; Renewable energy programming; and Artisanal and Small Scale Mining programming in Nigeria
- Lead/support proposal development and writing process
- Develop an external stakeholder relationship management mechanism
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Business, Development Studies or other relevant field
- At least five (5) Years of experience assisting INGO’s in business development and strategy building and implementation
- Experience and exposure to social enterprises development; Microfinance; Small Scale & Artisanal Mining, Renewable energy programs in Nigeria and/or beyond, will be a definite advantage.
- Experience and ability to assist INGO’s with establishing external communication platforms; thought leadership platforms; and engagement plans with other INGO’s; indigenous organizations; donors; Federal Government of Nigeria; State Governments; Private Sector; Private Foundations; Think-Tanks; Academic/Research sector etc.
- Flood computer skills, including practiced knowledge amid experience in word-processing, Spreadsheet (Excel) skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate, establish and maintain high level relations with government, private sector and development sector players, including donors.
- Possess positive attitude, Self-motivated, independent, can deliver results under stress and timely manner, team worker.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- The consultant will report to the Country Director, Pact Nigeria
go to method of application »
- The Driver will support the SAQIP project in managing overall travels and logistics activities for the office.
- The Driver will support Pact Nigeria in managing travels and logistics activities in SAQIP office.
- The Driver is responsible for the designated vehicles being presentable and clean (interior as well as exterior) at all times.
- The Driver shall follow the schedule of servicing of the designated PACT vehicle.
- Ensures all Pact Vehicle policies are followed and enforced.
- Maintains accurate and up to date records relating to Pact Vehicle use by filling vehicle log book.
- Purchase fuel, reviews the accuracy of cash memos and/or bill and submit same to finance dept. for payment.
- Performs constant and routine check on project vehicle, reports any fault for necessary action(s).
- Ensures Pact Travel Authorization/Request duly approved is in place before embarking on any official trip.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- 3-5 years of professional driving Experience working with International NGOs
- Possession of a valid driver licenses.
- Must have good safety preferences
- Experience driving large capacity vehicles
- Basic technical knowledge of automobiles, as he has to write reports on the working condition of the vehicle
- Good organizational skills in order to coordinate and see that all the employees are getting their transport on time
- Good knowledge of the terrain will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of OND or NCE.
- Computer literacy an added advantage
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their Resume/CV's and Cover letter on their suitability to: email@example.com All CV's/Resume/Applications MUST be in either MS Word or PDF format. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the subject of the mail.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PACTSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Action Against Hunger
- APP Editor at ActionAid Nigeria
- MEAL & Assessment Manager at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Latest Vacancies at The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Fresh Job Recruitment
- Jobs at Girl Effect Nigeria
- Request For Quotations at Norwegian Church Aid
- Job Opportunities at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)