British American Tobacco plc (informally BAT) is a British multinational tobacco company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s five largest tobacco companies.
BAT has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries. Its four largest-selling brands are Dunhill, Lucky Strike, Kent and Pall Mall, with others including Kool, Benson & Hedges and Rothmans.
BAT has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. As at 6 July 2012 it had a market capitalisation of £65.6 billion, the sixth-largest of any company listed on the London Stock Exchange. It has a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Job number 13311BR
Context / Environment:
The Security Department supports the company’s objectives through development and implementation of policies covering every aspect of security management, for them to serve as action guidelines at all levels of the company. The CSO reports to the Security Manager and is a key member of the security team within the company, working closely with other functions.
To provide a secure environment in which BATNL will ensure as far as practicable, that its people are safe, its assets and operations are protected from theft and wilful damage and its sensitive and proprietary information are kept private and also to effectively integrate security and main business operations so as to contribute to the achievement of BAT corporate objectives.
- Implement Group and departmental security policies as formulated by management
- Carry out all instructions as may be directed by the ASM and the CSM
- Ensure that a report on the security situation in standard format, is submitted monthly to the Factory Security Manager.
- Draft Policies and procedures for approval by manager and make changes where necessary
- Provide input and advice where necessary for the development, review and updating of the security element of contingency plans.
- Control the functions of all security escort team personnel, employees and contractors so as to provide a properly co-ordinated and cost effective service.
- Supervise the activities of supervisors and the contract security personnel
- Manage the business relationship between BATN Security Department and contractors
- Liaise with other departments concerning all BATN security issues
- Intervene in all emergency cases to mitigate damage/loss of company employees and property
- Provide effective security cover for all company special events
- Gather and interpret intelligence reports and implement appropriate measures.
- Close contact with the Factory Security Manager
- Close contact with Country Security Manager.
- Close contact with Area Security Manager.
- Close contact with all Chief Security Officers.
- Close contact with all Senior Security supervisors.
- Liaison with external Security agents especially the police.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Preferably a degree in the Humanities, Social Sciences or Arts.
- Previous security experience.
- Sufficient IT knowledge /skills to generate, operate and run reports
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative, confidentiality and commitment
- Has strong people skills
- Membership of Security Groups and Networks
- A high level of decision making, objectivity, creativity and integrity
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on krb-xjobs.brassring.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.