'thejobmag.com' is an organisation strongly dedicated to connecting Jobseekers to the right jobs mainly in Nigeria.
We go about this through our website (www.thejobmag.com). This is an online network where you can search and apply for jobs immediately at NO cost to you.
We have two other initiatives that will compliment and ease the job searching experience for all our members. The first is our JOB CENTRE. This is a WALK-IN centre where we provide, CV drop-in service, online job search facilities, career advice, preliminary Employee screenings, trainings and much more. The second initiative is our JOBMAG PUBLICATION which is out on a Bi-weekly basis. It contains all the latest Job Vacancies, Trainings, Articles, Company profiles and much more
With our facebook page, there is an opportunity to to be part of the the job searching experience, where people can share job information, who's recruiting, where, experiences at interviews, and so on
Our Client, a Non-Governmental organisation, is seeking to recruit a Media Manager to implement her media strategy across traditional and new media platforms nationwide.
- The ideal candidate should possess relevant experience and knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of both the traditional and new media platforms to ensure maximum mileage for the organisation’s message & work - developing awareness, generating traffic and cultivating engagement.
- He/She MUST be a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for content strategy, blogging, micro-blogging and community engagement.
Are you the one we are looking for? Then you should know that you would be responsible for the following:
Digital Media Management
- Manage the organisation’s presence on social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Whatsapp and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- You will serve as day-to-day liaison between the organization and its online communities; Locate and engage advocates/ influencers within the community (Facebook, Twitter,YouTube, Instagram, Whatsapp etc.) to foster dialogue.
- Managing an active new media volunteer network to spread the word about the organization and drive its content is an aspect of your job and you will also ensure that trends regarding issues of interest to the Organisation are monitored
- Provide a weekly summary of analytics of our social media platforms and regularly share insights and analytics gained from social media monitoring with the team.
- Provide a monthly report on the organisation’s media presence, trends, opportunities and challenges.
- Explore & experiment with alternative channels to disseminate Organisation’s message and showcase its work.
- Adapt the organisation’s media strategy in a timely fashion to ensure relevance.
- Content Curation
- Communicate briefs to external suppliers (3rd parties,) and validate every content and material used by Organisation.
- Draft media materials, including releases, statements, quotes and briefing documents ensuring accuracy, appropriate sign off and placement.
- Ensure key messages are accurately and consistently expressed in relevant media.
- Manage the organisation’s relationships with traditional media partners (– newspapers, radio & tv) and online media partners (– Ynaija, Premium Times, Bella Naija etc.)
- Build strategic relationships with local, regional and international media outlets.
- Manage the organisation’s relationships with media vendors – videographers, script writers, producers, printers etc.
Desired Competencies & Experience
To be selected for this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following competencies
- Possession of a degree in a relevant field
- 3- 5 years previous work experience in a similar role
- Have a high comfort level with social media platforms such as: Facebook, Twitter, 2go, Instagram, Youtube, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal), organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under direction and to exercise personal responsibility and autonomy to meet objectives.
- Good research skills; excellent computer skills and time management skills.
- Display a high level of attention to details while being able to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well with senior management, colleagues and the public.
- Ability to cultivate new relationships and nourish existing ones.
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into practical and achievable plans.
- Knowledge of Nigerian languages with previous NGO experience is desirable but not compulsory
- Ability to develop well-informed advice and strategies that are sensitive to the needs to various stakeholders and partners.
- Contacts in traditional & new media gives added advantage.
- Flexible approach to working hours
go to method of application »
The main focus of this role is to improve brand awareness and customer engagement through development of innovative media content across all online channels, integrating and managing social media tools to strengthen digital communication strategies.
As a social media officer, you will be responsible for the following;
- Create relevant content topics for targeted audience and promote content development through social media campaigns.
- Establish monthly and quarterly theme; schedule digital media content one week in advance across the following platforms:
- o Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium BBM Broadcast and Channel, WhatsApp Broadcast, Mailchimp, JM Website Blog etc.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
- Posting of recruitment needs on the various platforms; answering enquiries from the public and providing updates where necessary.
- Post training schedules and updates; including short videos, attendees’ interviews and pictures.
- Grow followership base on the various social media platforms; drive traffic to JM website.
- Reporting on social media analytics to measure the impact of social media campaigns and modify strategy as required
Desired Skills& Experience
To be selected for this role, you should have the following competencies:
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Ability to effectively understand cloud based technology, apps and software.
- Ability to use initiative, show charisma and influence others towards a desired way of thinking or course of action.
- Must be able write well with zero grammatical and spelling errors.
- Must be able to communicate to the digital public with a ‘Friendly Mentor’ tone.
- Must understand the various posting cycles for the various social media platforms in order to achieve maximum engagement.
- Efficiently work with little direct supervision and displays strong time management and organization skills.
- Must be able to come up with a strategic direction to ensure that JobMag’s Digital Media Objectives are met.
- Must be conversant with the various Analytics of the various Digital Media Platforms
- Must be able to effectively research GREAT content to post on the various digital media platforms.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication or any Social Science related courses
- Minimum of 1 year Experience in a Similar Position
go to method of application »
Our client is a business conglomerate with business interests across oil & gas, manufacturing, hospitality and real estate. We are seeking young talented individuals who are interested in becoming a part of a growing organisation.
Trainees will be groomed to undertake management positions within the company on completion of the training.
The ideal candidate must be a First Class graduate in any discipline and should not be more than thirty (30) years old. To be successful, you must be smart, highly confident with strong interpersonal and leadership skills. In addition, you must possess strong oral & written communication skills, high business acumen and must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
16th of January 2017.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.