The Imo State University was established by the Imo State Government Law No. 4 of 1981 as amended by the 1985 Edict and further amended by the Imo State Government Law No. 5 of 2004. The University is situated at Lake Nwaebere Campus, Owerri. The University has its College of Medicine and Teaching Hospital at the Orlu Campus. The University has eleven (11) faculties and a School of Postgraduate Studies. It has an estimated student population of over 22,000, and staff strength of about 1,700.
- The candidate for this position shall be responsible to the Vice - Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University Library and the coordination of the Library services of the University and its campuses, faculties, Departments, institutes, outreach centersand otherteaching or research units.
Qualifications and Experience
- The University Librarian must possess a Ph.D. in the relevant field plus a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience in a University or similar institution of higher learning.
- A good record of scholarly publications in reputable journals, both local and international, is essential.
- The candidate must be computer literate.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a period of five years, in the first instance, and on such other terms and conditions as may be specified inihe letter of appointment.
- The basic salary attached to the post of University Librarian is CONUASS 7.
- Other allowances and fringe benefits are as currently applicable to similar positions in Nigerian State Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the University Council.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward ten (10) copies of their publications, relevant credentials and curriculum vitae stating the following information:
- Names (Surname First)
- Date of Birth (indicating day, month and year)
- Marital Status
- State of Origin
- Permanent HomeAddress
- Educational and Professional Qualifications
- List of Publications
- Work Experience
- Present Employment, Status, Post and Salary (both level and amount)
- Name and addresses of three (3) referees whom the candidates should request to submit confidential reports on them.
All applications should reach the Acting Vice-Chancellor addressed to:
The Acting Vice-Chancellor,
Imo State University,
- Applicants must be registered members of the Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Candidates should request their referees to forward references on them directly to the Acting Vice-Chancellor in the same manner.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.