If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
BBV Marketplace Ltd is a modern grocery retail company currently operating several multi-format grocery retail outlets in major cities around the country. With local expertise and international affiliations, BBV Marketplace is committed to providing the best shopping experience to customers from our modern supermarkets and convenience stores. We are dedicated to offering the widest variety of international and local brands and the highest standards of freshness and quality at affordable prices.
We are currently expanding our services and presence across the country, and we are on the lookout for team players to fill various positions.
Location Port Harcourt
The General Manager, Operations is responsible for designing, implementing and managing retail strategy within the ‘modern trade’ framework to drive extensive, sustainable and measurable growth in company operations.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration or relevant field. MBA will be added advantage.
- Minimum of five years’ management level experience in a retail/franchise experience for a multibranch modern grocery retail chain
- The ideal candidate should have had operational excellence and profit goals, oversight and responsibility for a minimum 10-superstore modern grocery retail operation
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Provide strong leadership to sales and retail teams to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company stores and the work with other executives (IT, Marketing, Finance etc.) to achieve organisational goals
- Drive expansion activities - new stores, acquisitions, investments, alliances etc
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Workforce planning - Assign employees per store and manage headcount
- Talent management - Champion the recruitment, selection and retention of a highly trained and motivated workforce.
- Proven experience as Operations Manager of a multi-branch retail store
- Experienced and Efficient Leader. Ability to establish and direct teams to achieve results
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing, etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operations metrics
- Good knowledge of financial statements – balance sheet, profit and loss accounts, etc.
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent business acumen and exemplary work ethics.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Sound judgement and aptitude in decision making and problem solving
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
go to method of application »
Locations Port Harcourt Yenagoa Lagos
The Supermarket Branch Operations Manager is responsible for managing/overseeing the proper and profitable running and sustained growth of the supermarket in line with the Company’s Standard of Operations (SOPs) and to ensure that the supermarket operates efficiently and effectively within the Company’s fiscal and operational guidelines
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration or relevant field. MBA will be added advantage.
Minimum of five years post qualification experience in retail operations management in a world-class retail chain.
- Plans and directs the day-to-day operations of a grocery store for sales and net profit maximization
- Develops strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, and increase profitability.
- Ensures customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient.
- Ensures all products and displays are merchandised effectively to maximize sales and profitability.
- Forecasts staffing needs and develops a recruiting strategy to provide optimal staffing in all areas.
- Staff orientation, training, development and management
- Team building and motivation
- Institute and manage control systems within the supermarket to ensure that the company receives full value for its invested resources
- No more than 35 years’ old
- Willing to work weekends on a regular basis
- Willing to relocate
- Willing to travel regularly
go to method of application »
Our Management Trainee Program is a one year structured on-the-job training program with well-defined training curriculum highlighting on our core competency and values. It is designed to develop our future leaders.
We're looking for candidates who have the potentials and interest to build a budding career in the retail industry.
Ideal candidates should have:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in any field preferably in Management related courses. Candidate must be able to demonstrate a good level of education to justify grade (Minimum of Second class upper)
- Evidence of completion of compulsory NYSC or exemption
- Demonstrable leadership and supervisory experience
- Good People skills
- Business Acumen and ability to a take a strategic perspective
- Experience in retail sales - preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Should have strong analytical and numerical skills
- Computer literate (Able to use Microsoft office suite)
- Demonstrable confidence, assertiveness and self-motivation
- The interest to do shift work over weekends and public holidays
- Willingness to travel and work in various cities across the country
Not more than 27 years old by 31 December 2016
Method of Application
Do you fit the bill? If so, do send us a short note with your resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you qualify for the position