Accounting Job at the German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA)
Posted on: 6 December, 2016
Deadline: 20 December, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at German Leprosy and TB Relief Asso
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA) is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian, international non-governmental organisation founded in 1957. It has its headquarters in Wuerzburg, Germany.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support state programmes in financial management and reporting.
- Develop and prepare accurate and timely financial reports and prepare ad hoc reports as needed for budgeting and planning purposes.
- Ensure compliance with internal control processes, adherence to donor financial regulations and ensure that all expenses are within approved project budget lines.
- Provide quality control checks ensuring that all valid financial transactions are entered into the accounting systems.
- Prepare monthly budget controls and assist in the preparation of biannual progress reports to headquarters.
- Work closely with sate teams and support other staff including mentoring them for effective operation of project activities.
- Ensure financial records are readily available forintemallextemal reviewers and follow-up on internal/external audit findings
- Perform other related tasks to be assigned by the Finance Office.
Qualification & Experience
- A minimum of HND/B.Sc Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of three years of relevant working experience, preferably with an NGO
- Fully computer literate, excellent knowledge of MS Excel required
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
Additional Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Abilities for teamwork and initiative
- Competence in modern training skills and/or ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Associate member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) will be an added advantage
- Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The post requires occasional travel in country.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their Applications with CV's and motivation letter to: email@example.com
- Only candidates under consideration will be contacted by end of December.
- The interview is scheduled for the first week of January 2017 and will include a written test.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA)Similar Jobs
- Call for Proposals at Mercy Corps
- Front Desk /Administrative Assistant at WaterAid Nigeria
- Director of Monitoring and Evaluation at PACT Nigeria
- Director of Finance and Operations at PACT Nigeria
- Deputy Chief of Party at PACT Nigeria
- MHPSS Technical Specialist at Heartland Alliance International
- Business Support Assistant (SCOPE) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Organizational Development Specialist, STEER Project at Save the Children Nigeria