The Petroleum Training Institute (PTI), located in Effurun near the city of Warri, was set up by Act No. 37 of 1972 as amended by Act No.52 of 1976 with the objective of providing courses of Instruction, training and research in oil and gas technology and to provide technicians and such other personnel normally required for the Oil and Gas Industry.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Nigerians to fill the vacant position below:
Location: Effurun, Delta
- The DFA as a Principal Officer is responsible to the Principal/CEO for the day to day administration of the finances of the Institute.
- Officer should have entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the Institute:
- Officer should posses good working knowledge of Information & Communication Technology and demonstrable ability to use related gadgets:
- Must have demonstrable ability to establish and sustain partnerships with the oil/gas industry and other Public and Private Sector stakeholders.
- Must possess a University Degree or Higher National Diploma In either Accounting, Economics, Finance or Business Administration wth a minimum of second class lower (University Degree) or Lower Credit (Polytechnics/Monotechnics). A relevant Master’s Degree will be an added advantage;
- Must be a member of any relevant professional body and possess professionally recognized Accountancy qualifications of any of the following: ICAN or ANAN, ACA, ACMA, CPA, ACCA, Fellowship of any professional qualification is an added advantage;
- Must have a minimum of twenty-six (26) years cognate post graduation experience, eight (8) of which must be in an oiVaLlied Tertiary Education Institution and four (4) of which must be at the Senior Management level,
- Must be proficient in relevant accounting software:
- Must not be more than 55 years of age by 31st December. 2016.
Terms of appointment and Conditions of Service
Subject to extant government regulations on age and years of service, the appointment of the Director of Finance and Accounts is for a term of four years and may be renewed for a second and final term of four years subject to satisfactory performance and other statutory conditions as contained in the 2012 PTI Handbook on Appointments, promotions Discipline and Policy Guidelines. Salary, emoluments and other benefits shall be as contained in the PTI Conditions of service and as approved from time to time by the Governing Council.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to submit 10 hard copies of their applications and detailed curriculum Vitae including credentials and names and addresses of three (3) referees, (one of whom must be the present supervisor) in a sealed envelope marked at the right hand corners as "Application for the Post of DFA, PTI" to the address below:
The Chairman of the Governing Council,
Petroleum Training Institute (PTI),
C/O DPR Zonal Office,
No. 7 Sylvester Ugo Crescent,
- The Referees of applicants are advised to forward Confidential Report directly to the address above address. The envelope for the confidential report should be clearly marked "Confidential Report on Appointment of DFA PTI" at the top right hand corner.
- Applicants must be ready to support every claim in their CV with documentary evidence where applicable and bring along the Original Copies of their credentials if invited for Interview. Applicants who had applied for this post through an earlier advert need not re-apply
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.