MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
- Assist in the management of the Engine Room Program including generation of key reports, analysis, interpretation and distillation of intelligent information, towards ensuring the business revenue and market share targets are met and exceeded.
- Prepare Engine Room Program dashboards.
- Circulate dashboards (for Customer Consultants (CCs), Team Lead Customer Consultants, Regional/National Engine Room Programs) on a weekly basis.
- Collect information from Engine Room Program Managers and/or CCs directly and update the initiative impact tracker.
- Coordinate data gathering for the Engine Room Program dashboards and analytics.
- Ensure the field diagnostics happens on time in the “right” LGAs (executed by Sales &Distributions).
- Collect information from other departments as required for Engine Room Program activities (Corporate Services, Network etc.).
- Perform additional Engine Room Program analytics as required.
- Perform ad-hoc analytical requests and analysis to uncover new regional insights and trends.
- Coordinate Engine Room Program meeting attendance.
- Calculate Return on Investment (ROI) from the Engine Room Program initiatives.
- Ensure Engine Room Program progress and dashboards are conducted quickly and accurately.
- Generate new analytics insights.
Normal MTNN working conditions
May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- First degree in Economics, Accountancy, Finance or any other related discipline
- 4 years working experience which includes:
- 2 years in a business analyst or business analyst support role
- 2 years work experience with Excel/data analysis
- Understanding of sales channel
Computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite, Excel
Minimum qualification BA, BEd, BSc or HND
go to method of application »
- To implement Performance Management Process and policies aligned to MTN’s strategy
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing HR Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Promote a sustainable organizational culture that enhances employee productivity and oversee the management of the year on year performance of all dimensions of the Group Culture Audit.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Develop, implement and maintain Performance Management policies in line with the MTN Performance Management Framework, Strategy, programs and policies
- Support operational transformation across the business and define key performance indicators to measure success at the Enterprise, Divisional and Individual levels.
- Assist with the implementation and coordination of employee performance management processes and procedures and monitor compliance with related policies.
- Assist in the implementation of Human Resources recognition scheme across Human Resources Division and the MTN Shine recognition programme across the organisation.
- Provide general Human Resources performance reports and specific IPF (Integrated Performance Framework) reports.
- Maintain and update database of performance appraisals and reports at the end of each performance cycle.
- Provide statistical data on performance appraisals to enable management make informed decisions
- Ensure compliance with required service level agreements with regard to Reward deliverables.
- Conduct retention risk and impact analysis by calculating employees’ retention risk score and the impact if lost.
- Advise, educate and support employees and line managers on matters related to the performance management, policies,
- Develop communication materials and facilitate workshops, focus groups, etc., to enhance employees’ understanding of performance management, policies, etc.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
General working conditions
May be required to work extra hours
Experience & Training
- First degree preferably in the social sciences or any other relevant degree
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in Performance Planning, Monitoring, & Management and General HR
- Experience in data analysis, project management, and recognition programmes.
- Performance Management
- Balance Scorecard Methodology
- Strategy Execution
- Big Data Analytics
Minimum qualification BA, BEd, BSc, BTech or HND
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.