EZ37 Solutions is a Management and Human Resource Consulting and Training firm that provides professional, tailor- made, organisational development and manpower solutions.
We specialise in connecting Human Resources to business strategies leading to improved performance of an organisation. We provide a wide variety of human resource services including HR outsourcing, performance management, organisational development and policy and procedure development. Our consulting services can be provided on- site or off-site or a combination that best suits our client's needs. Some organisations select our services to supplement an existing human resource department while others find it advantageous to use our services in place of a formal human resource function.
Job Ref (EZ02962016)
QUALIFICATION/EDUCATION: Minimum Of First Degree In Social Sciences, Humanities, And Arts And Relevant Professional Qualification In E.g. ACCA, CIM, CIB. Familiarity With Operational, Financial And Quality Assurance Procedures Is Required. A Masters Degree In Management Will Be An Advantage.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum Six Years (6) Relevant Experience In Microfinance Of Which Three Should Be In A Managerial Capacity. Good Understanding Of The Compliance Function In A Micro Finance Establishment Is Also Required.
SKILLS: Good Interpersonal And Communication Skills. Good Analytical And Mentoring Skills.
PERSONAL TRAITS: Meticulous, Rigorous, Open-minded, Autonomous And Self Learner
- In collaboration with RCM, Management and Internal Audit, identify key risk operational areas and related procedures where there is a strong need to perform ex-post independent controls; this will first focus on lending activities and will then expand to deposit and cash management related activities;
- Develop a framework for the conduct of ex post independent controls within the branches and Head Office Operations Department (i.e. mostly Back Office Unit);
- Supervises a team of risk and compliance officers, in order to conducts compliance checks (ex post independent controls) in the branches and in head office operations department on all risk areas previously identified;
CREDIT RISK MANAGEMENT
- Supports in Designing and developing according to needs the framework for the work of the credit risk unit, and supervises in an on-going manner its implementation (i.e. providing independent opinion on the level of risks incurred to the loan committee members)
- Performs (by self or by assignments to Credit Risk analyst(s)) analysis and monitoring of credit risk and exposure (analysis of the quality of the loan portfolio, ad hoc business sector analysis to monitor compliance with limits set by RCM on exposures and concentration); handles prospective studies on market trends in order to anticipate on possible sectors’ trends and their possible impacts on the organization.
- Regular market studies involving clientele interviews and competition review should also be considered in relation with the Marketing Unit. Proposes corrective actions or new initiative that may support the achievement of the objectives in terms of volume and quality of loan portfolio (as well as the deposit collection).
FORMULATION AND DISSEMINATION OF PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES
- Formulation of up to date processes and procedures that ensure that the lending/savings activities of the company are undertaken in line with regulations of the country and company;
- Writing and updating of processes, procedures and other operational guidelines related to lending, deposits collection and cash management activities of the company, for existing and new services, taking into account internal and/or external audit recommendations;
- Updating of the standard documentation (policies, procedures, work instructions…) on the file servers in all the branches and head office;
- Interacts with the Training Unit in order to have any such updates in the processes and procedures well disseminated within the Operations Department and other departments as per needs (e.g. OIS). 4. REPORTING
- To ensure that Credit Risk Analyst(s) provide him/her as well as Operations management with regular synthetic analysis on risk assessment of Client Officers;
- To develop and regularly update a range of reports that actually describe the progress made by the branches and Operations as a whole in terms of compliance and risk control;
- To develop and regularly update a range of reports on the activities of the unit;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on www.ez37solutions.org to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.