Job Opportunity at The Maersk Group
Posted on: 25 October, 2016
Deadline: 25 October, 2016
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at MAERSK
The Maersk Group is a worldwide conglomerate and operates in some 130 countries with a workforce of over 89,000 employees. In addition to owning one of the world’s largest shipping companies, Maersk is involved in a wide range of activities in the shipping, logistics, and the oil and gas industries.
- Value and team-based leadership.
- An open and engaging working environment.
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive compensation packages
- Develops and monitors HSE related policies, procedures and systems to provide for a safe operation.
- Establishes internal and external networks to seek out best practices and ensure continuous improvement within the organization.
- Inspects facilities and risk assesses standard operating procedures to detect existing or potential hazards.
- Advise department managers on incident findings and assist with development of corrective actions for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Leads high severity investigations.
- Cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for APMTAL in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations.
- Develops toolbox talks based on incident findings from internal or external sources and general safety information.
- Advises the Managing Director and senior management on HSE strategies.
- Represents the company with local government organizations to ensure a mutual understanding of APM Terminals Apapa Limited’s (APMTAL’s) goals and requirements, and co-operate with local resources to ensure compliance with local and international legislation and guidelines.
- Compiles and submits HSE reports required by regulatory agencies, shipping lines and company interests.
- Maintains up-to-date information and knowledge in the area of HSE and communicates to required parties within the terminal.
- Develops and arranges basic HSE related training including, but not limited to safety inductions, basic first aid, emergency response, etc.
- Maintains safety files and records.
Who we are looking for
- University degree in business management or engineering discipline
- 5 years of cumulative experience in HSE of a container terminal
- Financial Management skills is essential
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety from recognized institution
- Requires a proven record of Health, Safety and Environmental management experience from port operations and/or heavy equipment industry
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Requires a proven track record of increasing work responsibility
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills in English
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to MAERSK career website on jobsearch.maersk.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MAERSKSimilar Jobs
- Fresh Job Vacancies at a Leading Shipping and Logistics Company - Recruut Nigeria
- Customer Service Officers at a Logistics Company - Pivotage Consulting
- Logistics Supervisor at a Leading Integrated Maritime Service And Logistics Company - Workforce Group
- Ticketing & Reservations Executives at KHNL Travels & Tours Limited
- Transport Manager at Mario Consulting Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Bradfield Consulting Limited
- Graduate Finance Officer at a Clearing and Forwarding Company - Pivotage Consulting
- Accountant at A Logistics And Leasing Company - 25th And Staffing