AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN) is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others, Since 2001, we have worked closely with key stakeholders to reduce the burden and mitigate the impact of those diseases through cutting edge, innovative & sustainable approaches.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the vacant position:
- The job holder will have responsibility for providing a wide range of proactive technical, and administrative support to the CEO’s Office, including activity planning, documentation, communication and reporting.
- Manage the administration of the CEO’s office in order to provide an enabling environment for efficient programming
- Proactively seek up-to-date knowledge of new developments in programming and brief the CEO adequately
- Contribute to the development and implementation of projects to respond to emerging issues
- Contribute to program design, implementation and review
- Maintain a network of contacts relevant to the organization on behalf of the CEO and facilitate interaction and communication on relevant matters
- Review documents and make summary notes to the CEO
- Assist with the preparation of documents for presentation at stakeholder meetings
- Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents, as well as prepare background documents and outgoing mail as necessary
- Assist the CEO in prioritizing and tracking timelines and deliverables, as well as in following through on issues in a timely manner
- Undertake specific projects initiated by the CEO in order to support the programs
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondences as referred by the CEO
- Perform any other official task as may be assigned by the CEO
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A medical degree (MBBS or equivalent) and a MPH degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience in public health programs; and experience in managing confidential matters and working closely with top management is essential
Technical and Behavioural Competencies:
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Self-managed, with excellent organizational ability
- Ability to interact with all cadres of staff
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision-making ability and attention to detail
- Familiarity with the public health activities, especially in an HIV/AIDS environment
- Computer literacy/skills in usage of personal productivity tools (Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint Internet browsing, emailing, etc.)
Method of Application
Applicants should send their application letters and CV's to: email@example.com stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above for each position.
- The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
- The subject of the mail should be the job position being applied for. All applications must be received on or before the above closing date.
- Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.