CAMRIS International is a growing international development and research firm with experience working in more than 80 countries. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. CAMRIS applies a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Consultant
- CAMRIS seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist to provide direct performance monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) technical assistance to Nigeria-based grantees implementing an anti-corruption/transparency program focused on the education and energy sectors, as well as implementation of the Criminal Justice Act.
- The consultancy will be approximately sixty days over the next year, with the potential for a similar level of effort over the next two project option years.
- The consultant will work from their home, but will be required to participate in capacity building events and conduct in-person meetings on a regular basis with grantees in and nearby Abuja.
- This position will work under the supervision of the Lagos-based field team lead and the guidance of the US-based team lead. Shortlisted consultants will be required to provide relevant work samples and references.
- Support the design and manage the implementation of MEL organizational capacity assessments with grantees, and tailored technical assistance activities that are informed by assessment findings.
- Provide direct MEL technical assistance and support to Nigeria-based grantees (mostly in Abuja) including: developing theories of change, developing and refining indicators to measure progress at the output and outcome levels, developing and piloting data collection tools, data storage and analysis processes, and using data to report progress and learn.
- Ensure that grantee MEL strategies align with research good practice with respect to monitoring anti-corruption and transparency interventions.
- Ensure consistency of data collection/storage procedures among grantees who are reporting to cross cutting/portfolio level indicators. Assist with data aggregation as required.
- Ensure that grantee MEL activities are positioned to support a planned external evaluation of the portfolio.
- Support the facilitation of multi-day MEL capacity building workshops in Abuja.
- Advanced university Degree or JD in Political Science, Law, Political Economy, Government, International Development or Affairs, Democracy and Governance, Economics, Conflict Resolution or a similar field.
- At least Seven (7) years of experience in MEL, three of which must be in Nigeria.
- At least five years of experience providing MEL technical assistance, capacity building and training to grantee/implementing partners to develop MEL plans. Deep expertise in developing meaningful MEL plans that do not overburden grantee resources required.
- Subject matter expertise regarding democracy and governance issues in Nigeria. Knowledge of retail level anti-corruption efforts in Nigeria’s education and electricity sectors and/or implementation of Criminal Justice Act is highly preferred.
- English fluency is required and Hausa and/or Yoruba is preferred.
- Must have a computer with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, and be proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Must be able to maintain discretion and adhere to security and nondisclosure protocols.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Workshop facilitation experience highly desired.
Method of Application
Must be available to participate in a multi-day workshop in Abuja during the week of October 17, 2016
Interested and qualified? Go to CAMRIS International career website on careers-camris.icims.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.