THE BIBLE SOCIETY OF NIGERIA is an interdenominational Christian organization which translates The Bible into Nigerian languages, mass produce same and distribute to all the nooks and crannies of Nigeria. She also raises funds so that people with visual disability, orphans, prisoners, old people’s home among others can receive them free of charge. She has 40 Area offices and 7 depots all over Nigeria.
BSN is a member of the world body of United Bible Societies (UBS) with international service centre in Reading United Kingdom. She is a clear leader in Africa and number one distributor of English Bibles in the world.
Our CEO will soon be attaining the mandatory retirement age of 55 in The Bible Society of Nigeria for staff and will therefore need a successor. For this purpose applications are solicited from qualified candidates for the position of General Secretary/CEO
The post which is pensionable is a full time position and the successful candidate will be the team leader to about 200 members of staff all over Nigeria and will be based in Lagos (Apapa Head Office) for now. Successful candidate works, subject to satisfactory performance as approved by the Board, until he/she attains the mandatory retirement age of 55 for staff.
CHARACTERThe successful candidate must be a person of integrity who is transparently honest, above board and of good report.
Must be a team player and team leader.
Must be ready to serve and lead in the servant/leadership style of Jesus Christ
S/he must be a Christian who has a testimony of the turning point in Jesus Christ, a new creature, circumcised of heart.
- Possession of WASC/GCE or wquivalent qualification with a minimum of 5 credits at one sitting.
- Possession of HND/Bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Possession of MBA from a recognized University.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience as a Senior Manager in a reputable Organization.
- Membership of recognized professional bodies like IOD, NIM, CIPM, ICAN among others
- Must be computer literate
- Must be Special Member of the Bible Society of Nigeria.
Must be husband of one wife or wife of one husband.
- Publications of books or contribution to professional journals in management and leadership is desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure is not negotiable
- Ability to travel nationally na dinternationally within short notice are commonplace events in this position.
- Age between 40 and 50 years.
The position is pensionable attracts an official car with driver, a duplex among other benefits that will be decided from time to time by the board. The successful candidate will be the Head of Management, Secretary of the Board and a Liaison Officer to the UBS.
Send application attaching scanned credentials online to the BSN to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Doctoral degree from a recognized university in linguistics or biblical studies. If the doctorate is in Linguistics, s/he should have a good knowledge of biblical languages. If the doctorate is in Biblical Studies, s/he should have a good knowledge of linguistics.
Those on doctoral thesis may be considered
Leadership, high interpersonal relationship, communication and presentation skills
Knowledge of Sociology and Anthropology is important.
Flair for local and international travels
7 years translation experience with 3 years at senior level of project management and team building will be added advantage
The position attracts official residence, car among other privileges and the position is pensionable
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org attaching scanned documents
All applications must be received on or before 20th January, 2013. Only shortlisted candidates for both positions will be contacted please.