Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa; we are currently looking for an Underwriter for our client who is an insurance broker.
The Underwriter is primarily responsible for managing routine day to day business of the department. Other responsibilities:
- Class of business to be handled; Property, Casualty, Liability, Engineering, Oil and Gas
- Provide underwriting support to sales team as required.
- As and when required, correspond directly with the client.
- Assess and understand the information gathered from the sales team /client in order to assess the risk to be insured.
- Prepare insurance broker’s slips and forward the same to various reinsurers to obtain terms.
- Evaluate and review the terms obtained from the reinsurers in order to ensure that it is as per our requirements.
- Prepare the quotations for submission to the clients.
- On receipt of firm order from the client, liaise with the insurer for placement & confirmation of cover.
- To ensure that policy/endorsements issued is as per the terms quoted to the client.
- Knowledgeable on claim handling
- To manage renewal of policies, sending advance renewal notice to clients, timely and correct issuance of renewed policies.
- To ensure that all management reports are prepared correctly and submitted timely.
- To ensure that all processes and procedures of the department are being followed properly.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree [qualification in insurance is a plus]
- 3-5 years’ experience in insurance
- Possessing good team spirit, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritize work on the basis of importance
- Ability to take independent decisions
- Good in drafting presentations/reports
- Willing to learn and improve
go to method of application »
The Account Executive will be responsible for promoting the company’s products, developing and closing sales, and maintaining relationship with clients. Other responsibilities:
- Identifying prospects through various sales channels
- Visiting potential clients and assessing corporate insurance requirements
- Designing adequate covers and providing appropriate consultations
- Preparing proposals and conducting presentations
- Generating and servicing new accounts
- Consistency in meeting / exceeding sales targets
- Managing portfolio renewals and establishing relationship with customers
- Following up for collection of payment
- Participating in sales meetings and appraisals
- Attending Job related trainings and events to maintain and develop knowledge
Qualification and Experience:
BA / BSc in Insurance, Marketing, Business or other related course.
At least 5 years experience in a similar role
- Ambitious with ability to work under pressure
- Motivated, enthusiastic and result focused
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Continuously demonstrate problem solving / positive attitude
- Capable projecting the company’s image and culture with Integrity
- Willing to act and behave in line with the company’s code of conduct, ethics and values
- Should be trustworthy, confident and love to win
- General Insurance sales experience preferred.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale