Accounting Vacancy in a Consultancy Company - Hamilton
Posted on: 24 August, 2016
Deadline: 31 August, 2016
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client, a leading consultancy firm which provides both financial, business and project advisory services focused on the entire real estate chain. Due to internal expansion in their Lagos branch, they have decided to hire the services of an Accountant.
- The Accountant shall be responsible for the provision of financial information to management for making strategic decisions by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports.
This role combines accounting skills with business management skills.
- Prepares, develops and analyses key financial information to ensure that an organisation's management makes well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and management information systems, as well as provide a high quality support service by liaising with management, colleagues on all aspects of finance.
- Analyse the performance of the business and advice on how to pre-empt problems, adapt to changing circumstances and improve value.
- Manage and reduce operational and production costs and implementing newer, more effective strategies.
- Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis, Group account/ annual report and commentaries.
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions.
- Ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget.
- Informing key strategic decisions and formulating business strategies.
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions.
- Analyzing financial performance and so contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts.
- Develop business and financial case/models for all new businesses.
- Advise management on raising of required capital for financing new projects and monitoring of the disbursement of such funds.
- Manage all investments.
- Manage relationships with all banks.
- Negotiating on major projects, loans and grants.
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers.
- Liaising with other function managers to put the finances and accounts in context.
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 6-10 years’ experience in financial/accounting roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Upper credit(2.1) in Accountancy.
- Chartered Accountant and relevant masters’ degree will be an added advantage.
- Experience in a small business, start-up or entrepreneurial setting.
- Passion for scaling early-stage organizations.
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to identify, flag and solve problems from start to finish.
- Detail oriented and extremely organized.
- Polished and professional demeanor.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic setting and demonstrate initiative to drive constant improvement.
- Strategic in driving revenue.
- Must be proficient user of Excel, Peachtree and QuickBooks software.
- Business Development skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org kindly make the subject of the mail the job title
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Hamilton Lloyd and AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Business Development Manager at Kimberly Ryan
- Latest Jobs at Doheney Services Ltd
- Transmission Integration Engineer at a Leading Telecoms Company - MacTay Consulting
- Graduate Marketing Associates at Martyns Consulting
- Sales Officer at MasterMindsHRSG Management Consulting
- Financial Collector at Fosad Consulting
- Bike Riders at Gokada - Proten International
- Jobs at dipoleDIAMOND