Latest Career Opportunity at MainOne
Posted on: 22 August, 2016
Deadline: 22 August, 2016
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Main One Cable
MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Abia, Abuja, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba
- Job Field
Engineering / Technical
The Operations Support Manager will be responsible for the network monitoring, surveillance and fault management support on the elements, components and processes of the Main One network:
- Design, develop and manage the change control process, which should include creating and implementing change management methodology that will maximize the service availability and reduce cost in terms of re-works.
- Custodian of the group’s KPI measurement, tracking and reporting analysis.
- Manage the problem management process to ensure that all network incident categorized as problems, are monitored, tracked and resolved within stipulated timeframe.
- Ensure quality process development and process performance measurements in accordance with International Standards (ISO9001:2008, ISO27001:2013, PCI DSS, ITIL Service Management, eTOM etc.).
- Facilitate systems and process requirements for the deployment and operation of an OSS/BSS Service fulfilment and Assurance programs for monitoring, controlling analyzing and managing the MainOne network for better efficiency.
- Introduce continuous initiatives to ensure complete adherence to all operational processes and procedures of the group
- Oversee the document management and control process.
- Provide regulatory, compliance and customer performance reporting.
- Support the operational spares management procedures and its effectiveness.
- Maintain the operational routine maintenance dashboard and ensure fulfilment by both vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Manage SLAs between MainOne and service providers.
- Constantly review the operational processes and procedures whilst ensuring continuous process improvement plans and initiatives
- Managing network problems- either with or without known root cause(s)-with both internal & external subject matter experts with the aim of preventing future problems, and subsequent incidents from happening, to reduce recurring incidents, and to curtail the impacts of incidents that cannot be completely eliminated.
- Responsible for daily custodian reconciliations and confirmations of network operation documents.
- Optimize operational productivity and monitor development of realistic and accurate forecasts.
- Reviews ALL routine-daily and/or weekly-reports within the operation unit to ensure integrity, proactively prevent failures, monitor accuracy of data analysis and control events leading to repeated outages.
- To work directly under the supervision of the Head, Network Operations
- Under the supervision of the Head, Network Operations, you will be required to liaise and interface with other groups/departments typically involved in the Technical Management of the project.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc Computer Engineering, Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- Masters’ degree in Business, Engineering or Management.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in ICT or Telecommunications industry with at least 4 years in Operations.
- One or more of the following certifications is an advantage: Six Sigma Green Belt & above, ITIL, PMP, BPM, CQPA.
- Technical & Professional proficiency
- Research & writing skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Leadership &self- management skills
- Team work
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Project
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, reliability, rigour, team-spirit, service oriented and initiative in the execution of the assigned work.
- Ability to travel within and out of the country at short notice.
- Good research skills.
- Job TypeFull Time
6 - 10 years
Abia, Abuja, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara
- Job Field
Engineering / Technical
- The Data Centre Services Manager (DCSM) will coordinate all Data Centre Services to internal and external customers and shall be the single point of contact for all such services.
- The DCSM will formulate strategic plans and tactical measures to deliver DC services to the customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assumes ownership of the Data Centre space and liaise with the DCOM & Facilities Manager to ensure consistent customer experience.
- Manage the Service Coordination team and liaising with Technical Sales, DC Product specialists and the DC operations team to ensure that the right technical solutions are designed for the customer.
- Manage the entire cycle of customer on-boarding process (from feasibilities studies to sign-off) and ensuring that detailed and realistic project implementation plans are developed for the customer onboarding.
- Builds and sustains effective communications with all stakeholders and across functional teams to maximize the customer experience
- Coordinate Data Centre tours for potential customer and visitors or assigning such responsibilities as may be needed.
- Proactively identifies potential issues and drives solution to avoid customer impact and facilitate continuous improvements.
- Ongoing technical supports for activities involving Data Center supports services and Operations.
- Ensure continuous improvement of Data Centre processes and procedures, such that they are highly effective and reflect industry best practice
- Forecast staff needs, including coaching, motivating and developing team members.
- Develops the Data Center Standard Service Procedures (SSP) including Service methodologies and processes.
- Be a highly effective peer, leader, and partner within the Information Services leadership team.
- To work under the supervision of GM, MainData.
- DC operations Manager, Technical sales, DC Product Specialists, Facilities Engineers, NOC Engineers.
- Experience working in IT/ Data Centre Operations including operational experience in Building Management or Data Center Information Management systems, common tools, methods, and techniques
- Excellent IT/DC Operations Process Management Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with IT /DC Operations & Services management and Customer Management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage 24x7 Operations support teams and manage team to achieve stringent KPIs
- Proven ability to forecast and manage facilities IT infrastructure and services
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with Data Centre Standards and ISO 9001 and 27001 certifications
- Experience from a matured colocation Data Center Operations environment is a requirement.
- Good experience of Data Centre facilities such as UPS, HVAC, BMS, Access control and surveillance systems is a requirement.
- Operational leadership experience and previous experience in co-location operations will be a significant advantage.
Qualifications & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field is required. ITIL V3 Certification and MBA will be an added advantage.
- 6-10 years of experience in Data Centre Business, 5 of which must be in data centre operations, preferably in an open access/colocation environment.
- Experience with data center subsystems - generators, UPS, cooling systems, fire suppression systems, access control systems, CCTV and other critical subsystems required to assure data center operations
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work even at odd hours when the work demands.
- Job TypeFull Time
7 - 10 years
Abia, Abuja, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe
- Job Field
Engineering / Technical
- As Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading, managing and developing the Managed Services team and suite of solution offerings. The team will be responsible for providing pro - active first fix and post sales support to our Managed Service Customers.
- The ideal candidate will have previous operations management experience, a natural talent for getting the best out of teams and a sound understanding of the technologies we support Computer Hardware and Operating systems, Cloud technology, Network & systems security, Enterprise networking including IP VPN and MPLS.
Other responsibilities include:
- Design and deliver integrated solutions for Managed Service customers in line with ITIL and/or industry best practice.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against SLA/KPIâ€Ÿs, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement.
- Ensure operational procedures and practices are well defined , documented and consistently applied.
- Instil a high performance culture in the team with a focus on team work, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues.
- Be capable of identifying and implementing change within the team to ensure it can take on new service offerings.
- Contribute proactively to new service development.
- Work closely with the Technical Sales to ensure new customers are on boarded with seamless handover / transition.
- Ensure remote teams are skilled, trained and developed to enable them to deliver high quality service and support.
- Manage and develop strategic partnerships with third party suppliers and other internal stakeholders.
- Achieve consistent customer satisfaction ratings and respond appropriately to customer feedback on areas for improvement.
- Drive a continual service improvement program based on a desire to become a world class managed service provider.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of competitive Managed services offerings in Nigeria and globally develop propositions to sell and further develop the MainOne brand.
- You will be required to liaise on a day-to-day basis with customers, the Technical Team; GNOC, Service Delivery, Technical Sales, Cloud team, Security team, IP Team, Project Management, and various other groups / departments.
- Strong Knowledge of Managed Services, Managed Security, and Cloud as a service delivery model.
- Good Knowledge of IT and concepts such as virtualization.
- Have excellent communication, influencing and customer management skills.
- Have solid technical understanding of Networking, security and Hosting Technologies and solutions.
- Analytical thinking to engage customers considering different business and operational models.
- Relationship Management.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Familiar with Cloud Models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) , Also familiar with Connectivity, voice, video, security and general Network solution offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical (Engineering or Sciences) discipline.
- Minimum 7-10years experience working with managing various services.
- Minimum of 5 years in supervisory/management position.
- ITIL, CCNA , CCNP , MCP
- Demands on the job: Ability and willingness to work long hours, take responsibility for delivery and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Frequent Travel may be required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Main One Cable career website on to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Main One CableSimilar Jobs
- Mechanical Engineer at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Job Vacancies at an Auto Care Centre
- Job Openings at a Reputable Engineering Firm
- Electrical And Mechanical Technicians at JMG Limited
- Massive Job Recruitment at the China National Electric Engineering Company Ltd
- Jobs at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Jobs in an Engineering Firm - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Intern Opportunities at GE - General Electric