If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Nigeria wishes to engage the services of an Associate Reporting Officer in its Maiduguri Office on a temporary basis.
Under the general guidance and support from the Head of Office, Associate Reporting Officer should be able to work under minimum supervision, be creative and innovative. Guidance may also be given by the various specialised units in the office including the External Relations unit in UNHCR Abuja.
- Keep abreast with all developments in the activity to prepare appropriate briefings and reports;
- Assist the office in consolidating and analysing data on programme implementation and indicators (nutrition, health, watsan) in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports, i.e. Sitreps, activity-specific reports as may be required;
- Assist in presenting accurate and attractive data presentation on the maps;
- Maintain working relationships with the Government, NGOs, and UN agencies to develop cooperation in inter-related activities;
- Prepare and distribute minutes of the co-ordination meetings that are held periodically in the country of assignment;
- Meet and brief visitors on all UNHCR activities, where necessary together with appropriate specialist/ programme officers;
- Draft press reports, booklets, etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in Journalism, Law or related fields;
- Minimum 4 years of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office application
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English with working knowledge of another relevant UN language and/or local language is essential.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of UNHCR programmes and activities;
- Drafting skills;
- Experience in dealing with the public
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application/letter of motivation, resume and fully completed UN Personal History Form (P11) which can be downloaded from www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc and send via email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the subject line the above vacancy notice number and title of the position.
A written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency based interview.
THERE IS NO NEED TO SEND OTHER CERTIFICATES ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION AND P.11 AT THIS STAGE. Kinldy note that incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.