Jobs in an Indigenous Oil & Gas Company via PwC
Posted on: 8 August, 2016
Deadline: 17 August, 2016
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) - Our client, an indigenous oil and gas company with businesses within the upstream and downstream sectors of the industry. In order consistently be a competitive oil and gas business and deliver value for its stakeholders, the Company engaged PwC to source for suitable candidates to fill the key positions below:
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the development and delivery of the Finance Improvement Plan
- Ensure that the Company’s business control framework is effective through maintenance of a fit for purpose risk based framework of business and financial controls
- Ensure compliance with financial and fiscal reporting (statutory and others) requirements
- To identify and explore alternative strategies to improve the Corporation’s overall financial position including maximising partnership arrangements, external funding opportunities and income generation as appropriate.
- Negotiate the resolution of fiscal issues with the relevant Government departments and provide advice on fiscal matters
- Manage the provision of high quality and efficient Treasury services including cash management, insurance pensions, credit management, accounts payable and payroll
- Provide payroll services
- Ensure the development and maintenance of insightful, fit for purpose financial and management information to support business decision making
- Ensure optimal development and resourcing of finance staff and positions
- Play a leading role in the development of the Finance strategy and the annual Business Plan
- Play a leading role in driving the Corporation towards cost leadership
- Continually seek opportunities to enhance value for the Corporation
- Work collaboratively with the upstream, downstream and corporate teams to gain insights on performance versus plan, LE, prior period and/or prior year.
- Deliver the monthly and quarterly management information reports in a timely and accurate manner, and with high quality, to the senior stakeholders.
- Set clear expectations and timetable for activities and deliverables, and communicate the same with all relevant stakeholders who play a role on the overall delivery of the management information.
- Contribute to the improvement of systems and processes in the delivery of the MI reports.
- This is a high profile leadership role requiring a talented Finance professional, with strong values, excellent leadership and influencing skills and good networking abilities.
- Minimum of first degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) or its equivalent is required
- MBA or a Masters’ in related discipline is an added advantage
- Must be able to demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of accounting, legal and regulatory frameworks
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of cost-efficiency and cost savings achievements
- Minimum of 18 years cognate experience, 7 of which must have been in a Senior Management position in upstream Oil & Gas, with evidence of regular engagement with the Executive team and Finance partners
Roles & Responsibilities
- On behalf of the MD, manage interfaces with GMs & Managers as well as external stakeholders and visitors including government officials, legislators, etc.
- Plan, prioritize, and organize the MD’s diversified workload and manage available resources.
- Act on behalf of the MD as delegated or as circumstances demand.
- Along with the Confidential Secretary, manage key routines (staff meetings) – including scheduling, agendas, notes and action items/follow-up and supervises the maintenance of a complex and detailed calendar for all activities, events, meetings, travel, conferences and Board activities.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects with internal and external contributors.
- Drafts and supervises the preparation of general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, presentations and reports, etc. The Technical Adviser is fully responsible for the accuracy and clarity of all materials released by the MD's office.
- Analyses financial reports, budgets and other materials, identifies areas of concern and summarizes key points for MD; gathers additional data as required to clarify/resolve any issues or concerns.
- Reviews external media for relevant articles, newsletters, websites, RSS feeds, etc. and summarizes key points and identifies any action items for review by MD
- Manage MD's Departmental requirements and reporting, conducting analysis of information and reports and publishing same as appropriate.
- Exercises independent judgment
- Incumbent must be extremely professional, trustworthy, organized, diplomatic, an excellent writer, analytical and highly motivated to ensure the success of the Corporation
- Collects and coordinates data needed by technical staff.
- Reviews and verifies information which may include source documents, policies, claims files, summons & complaints, salary data, etc.
- Coordinates materials or special projects for assigned technical staff or individual which may include preparing material/reports, distributing, editing, formatting and proofreading material
- Maintains records and data utilizing various automated systems which may include creating database/server, developing tracking systems/spreadsheets, setting up files, etc.
- Resolves problems and/or discrepancies which may involve research and data collection.
- Support management to ensure the Site Office working culture is structured and time managed.
- Be conversant with project KPI’s and support their delivery and attainment at all times.
- Compile the project weekly and monthly reports in the correct template
- B.Sc in Engineering, Accounting, Commerce, Economics or Business Management preferred
- 8 years’ experience preferably in Petrochemical or Oil and Gas related operations
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and ensure efficient effective management of staff and resources in the legal department
- Provide legal advice to management and the Board as may be required from time to time on the legal implications of the Corporation’s activities, ensuring appropriate measures are taken to protect the organisation from legal risks.
- Support the Corporation’s bidding, negotiation, contracting and other commercial activities to ensure that the Corporation’s legal interests are duly protected in all its transactions.
- Provide standard templates and minimum document contents to guide the conduct of the Corporation’s business activities and review any documents that involve a significant financial or other commitment on the part of the corporation
- Revise and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures. Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal procedures to staff.
- Manage any litigation involving the Corporation and co-ordinate external counsel.
- Formulate compliance checklists, while continuously monitoring with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive meetings
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise checklist to ensure information is submitted on time.
- Graduate degree in law, a Masters will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of the Nigerian Bar Association
- At least 10 years’ experience ideally in a leading organization with proven track record in contract negotiation and legal drafting.
- Proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel.
- Proven track record of adding value to an organization through the development of comprehensive contract documents that mitigate risk and penalties.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive investment strategy that will enable the corporation identify, develop and realise profitable investment opportunities in the Upstream, Midstream & Downstream sectors of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry
- Secure Board of Directors’ approval for the investment strategy and implement the strategy as approved. Continuously review and update the strategy in response to actual or anticipated changes in the political, economic, technological, social and business environment
- Manage the review and analysis of technical, operational and commercial datasets, to improve risk adjusted returns, to deliver profitable growth and to support decision making by the Managing Director, the Board of Directors and other stakeholders
- Identify suitable investment opportunities for the Corporation, including but not limited to bidding rounds, divestments, farm-ins, greenfield, brownfield, etc. as well as suitable organisations to partner with in order to realise the said opportunities
- Lead the development and submission of technical and commercial documentation required to realise identified opportunities, leading negotiation teams on behalf of the corporation, setting objectives and strategies required to realise the opportunities
- Manage engagements with internal and external stakeholders (including government and regulatory agencies) in order to ensure the Corporation’s objectives are achieved while maintaining appropriate governance and oversight.
- Establish a framework to guide the Corporation’s approach to managing investor relations and joint venture relationships, ensuring representation in relevant decision making and governance structures, in order to assure that the management and operations of joint ventures are conducted in accordance with the Corporation’s objectives and values and in ways that maximize value and returns for the Corporation and its stakeholders
- Develop and implement operational strategies for any ventures in which the Corporation might take the role of operator
- 15 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, including senior leadership positions with significant technical and commercial content obtained in a joint venture environment.
- International experience will be an added advantage
- Graduate degree in Engineering or Geoscience disciplines. Higher qualifications are not essential, but may be an added advantage
- Proven track record of managing corporate social responsibility as well as health, safety and environment processes and activities
- Management of budgets and resource plans.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To ensure the development, implementation and evaluation of corporate services strategies for the provision of service and support that are responsive to client’s needs and are sufficiently dynamic to respond to changes in Government direction and legislative change. Scope includes HR and Admin services, Information Management and technology and External Relations.
- To manage the provision of quality services that reflect the Company’s core values
- To promote and champion new ways of working with internal and external partners to achieve more effective and customer focused levels of service delivery within the company’s current and future strategy.
- To ensure the development of organizational structure that meets changing service needs
- To provide the full spectrum of HR services and advice ranging from Recruitment and Resourcing, Retention, motivation, staff development, Policy development and advice, performance management and disciplinary procedures in a peaceful and harmonious industrial relations atmosphere
- Ensure proactive provision of seamless and top quartile IM/IT service delivery whether in-house or outsourced to meet the requirements of the company
- Establish long time and sustainable network with both internal and external stakeholders and ensure that the organization is well informed and engaged with sustainable communication channels.
- Ensure close consultation with external agencies to promote public understanding of the company’s vision in order to facilitate their effective implementation and wider credibility
- Ensure all outsourced services are adequately managed for efficient and value-adding delivery
- Successful candidate must possess a University degree in any of the Social Science disciplines with at least 15 years of relevant experience, preferably in the oil and gas sector. A Masters’ degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional certification from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) or its equivalent is required
- Incumbent must have a good understanding of working in a multi-functional team, with good supervisory skills and a sound understanding of the challenges of such function.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop innovative solutions and work effectively in a private sector operating with a political environment will be essential.
- Incumbent will be expected to represent the Company and interface with Government agencies, regulatory bodies and associations to develop and maintain effective relationships that will advance the course of the Company
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the dynamics of the business, the priorities of the company and the priorities of the MD, as well as company policies, procedures and methods of operation to effectively and efficiently conduct duties and responsibilities
- Support the MD in conducting daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, & annual reviews of tasks and correspondences.
- Screen emails, highlight urgent correspondence and print attachments.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the MD to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests
- Maintain, update and categorize contacts lists for easy reference at all times
- Prepare all relevant documentation and information packs for meetings
- Provide secretariat services during meetings.
- Document and circulate minutes of meetings
- Coordinate official engagements
- Schedule on behalf of the MD meetings between him and his direct reports and the committees and groups to which he is a member.
- Follow up and monitor progress on discussions, decisions and/or special assignments to ensure timely response from the MD to the respective person(s) and stakeholders
- Conduct research and gather data on diverse business issues for the MD
- Collate material and prepare presentations and speeches for the MD
- Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with the Administration Department and ensure arrangements are in place for the MD to match his requirements.
- Maintain effective and comprehensive electronic and paper filing systems to ensure protection, security and confidentiality of all files, records and reports
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the MD, including the drafting of general replies.
- Keep and retrieve files for the MD as at when needed.
- Minimum of first degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Humanities, discipline is required
- Master’s degree in a related discipline is an advantage
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience in office support, secretarial or administrative function in a reputable company or similar organisation
Roles & Responsibilities
- Participate in the preparation of financial studies that establish feasibilities for contract services and evaluation of alternatives that may be technical, financial and/or procedural/ administrative
- Develop in conjunction with contracting professional, analyses and technical qualification of bidders
- Develop the scope of work for various contract services
- Participate as the contract proponent representative on the Bid Review Team charged with development of a realistic Company position on contract terms and the negotiation of these terms
- Assist in preparing the professional analysis or development of bid responses, negotiation offers and counter offers
- Assist in the preparation of verifications of contractor cost and escalation or de-escalation amendments
- Negotiate with contractors as part of a negotiating team comprised of Contracting and contract proponent representatives. Prepare responses and assist to represent applicable proponent on Claim Review Panels
- Provide or assist in the provision for proponent representation in the administration of contracts and participates in the development of financial and technical advice on intent of wording, scopes of service or other clauses that may impact cost and cost/benefit relationships
- Assist in providing justification and recommendations for changes in contracting procedure or contract format for management approval
- Assist in performing periodic examination of Contract Administration in the field in order to locate shortcomings or potential problems in the administrative procedures or contract terms and conditions
- Minimum of first Degree in a Social Science, Humanities, Finance & Accounting or Engineering related discipline is required
- MBA or Masters in a relevant discipline is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in similar role
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) career website on pwc.co.za to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Graduate Front Desk Officer at Beneprojecti Nigeria Limited
- Assistant Business Development Manager at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at Fadac Resources
- Engineering Vacancy at Energi Talent Resourcing
- Onstream Group Recruiting HSSEQ QA/QC Managers
- Job Openings at AOS Orwell
- Accountants at Integrated Oil & Gas Limited
- Job Openings at an Oil and Gas Firm - Vic Lawrence and Associates Limited