Our client,a key player in the insurance industry is seeking to engage the following candidates for its open positions.
Our Client, a top notch player in the insurance Industry is seeking to hire an apt and dynamic candidate who will function as the Legal and Compliance Officer and will amongst other things be responsible for the reviewing of all relevant statutory laws and regulations applicable to the Company and ensure compliance.
The Legal and Compliance Officer will report to the Head, Legal Unit
- Review of all relevant statutory laws and regulations applicable to the Company and ensure compliance with these
- Ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all regulatory permissions remain current and appropriate for business needs.
- Continual compliance risk assessment of company practices together with the development of internal policies and procedures, compliance training and protocols.
- Serve as liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives and advise management accordingly.
- Liaise with third parties, together with the company’s management, that wish to understand the company’s control environment, compliance policies and procedures.
- Provide reporting with respect to regulatory requirements and developments
- Develop compliance checklists and prepare compliance reports, as and when due
- Inform the Internal Audit unit of any findings as regards non-compliance that may require investigation
- Ensuring compliance with best practices
- Participate in Business Process Re-engineering exercises to ensure controls therein
- Carry out review of SLA Manuals to ensure applicable regulatory laws are incorporated
- Any other duties as required by the Unit head
- Liaise with auditors, external lawyers, tax advisers, bankers and shareholders.
- Preparation of compliance documentation with relevant constitutive documents for statutory, legal, regulatory purposes.
- Liaison with all the subsidiaries within the Company’s Group, service providers, external legal advisers, and government agencies.
- Maintenance and review of Legal Agreements
- Developing and overseeing that the company meets its compliance obligations under relevant laws and the requirements of regulatory authorities
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of the terms of agreements in all business contracts and agreements.
- Responsible for providing legal support in controlling customer complaints to mitigate the risk of litigation
- Review all documentation that has legal implications for the company prior to signing and implementing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- LLM (an advantage)
- A minimum of 3 years compliance experience preferably within the Financial Services environment
- A minimum of 5 years working experience with at least 3 years compliance experience preferably within the financial services environment. Insurance Industry experience preferable.
- I.T knowledge (particularly in Excel and Word)
- High level of determination and tenacity
- Good understanding of Compliance activities in Financial Services.
- Experience of developing and managing compliance monitoring programmes.
- Articulate, effective communication skills with the ability to communicate internally and externally (lawyers, regulators, auditors) at all levels
- Fully conversant with NAICOM, SEC, NSE, CAC, NFIU, IFRS, and other regulatory Directives and Guidelines.
go to method of application »
Our Client, a key player in the Insurance sector is seeking to bring on board a vibrant and well experienced individual to fill the role of Regional Marketing Manager, South-south region.
The Objectives are;
- To help increase/drive/improve revenue within the region i.e. GPW
- To help increase/drive/grow profit within the region
- To help in channel penetration within the region
- To help in brand visibility with the region
- Managing sales activities in the region.
- Managing our promotions and campaigns effectively to ensure market penetration.
- Working closely with the sales team in the preparation of proposals/ Product papers.
- Achieving the assigned target in terms of revenue.
- Sending out and active follow up of Monthly Renewals.
- Soliciting for new businesses.
- Managing 3rd party relationships.
- Generation, monitoring and publish monthly (Life and General Business) Global and Retail reports on: - Production - Collection
- Monthly reconciliation to ensure our figures are accurate.
- Day to day management of channel’s activities for both Life and General Business activities.
- Market and product research analysis. (Customer product feedback & Competitors intelligence) to know what products we can improve on.
- Follow up on outstanding premiums and yet to be renewed policies.
- Process all Co – insurance transactions (Payment processing, Claims and Underwriting).
- Follow up on outstanding proposals.
- Any other assigned duty.
- A first degree from an accredited university.
- At least 10 years marketing experience.
- Must have worked with a top insurance firm within the region.
- The charisma to lead team members in achieving set objectives.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Undying optimistic Attitude
- Team worker and commercial focus.
- Flair, energy and sustained capacity for hard and smart work
- Confident and Sociable
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with very fluent English
- Excellent Negotiation skills.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
go to method of application »
Our client,a key player in the insurance industry is seeking to engage an experienced Branch Manager who will supervise and spearhead its key operational activities in parts of Lagos
- Administration of day to day activities in the branch
- Recruit and train the sales team for business deliverables
- Customer relations management at the Branch
- Manage the Branch office
- Set Performance Targets and Review Performance of reporting Personnel
- Business Review and Reports on performance measurements
- Manage customer service related queries and CRM activity
- Ensure continuous growth and profitability of the branch
- Renewal management of existing polices
- Business figures reconciliation
- Manage office requirements for the Branch
- Manage Budgets as per individual profit center
- Periodical reports on production, Sales Team performance to be sent to Regional Manager
- Monitor issuance of pending policies and adhere to set timelines on policy issuance
- Supervision and management all branch office related activities
- Implement Rewards and Recognition programs as and when the schemes are announced
- Implement promotional campaigns and manage deliverables as and when the management introduces the same.
- Ensure that Audit requirements and compliance are as per standards at the branch level
- 8 – 10 years’ experience
- Proven history of generating revenue
- A 1st degree in any discipline
- Insurance Qualification a must (ACIN, ACII UK)
- Previous Managerial experience
- Should be familiar with the North Central business terrain
- Experience in the Insurance Industry (an advantage)
- Fluency in the Hausa Language (an advantage)
- Excellent Marketing skills
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Good business acumen
- The ability to motivate and lead a team
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
Method of Application
Interested in any of these positions, apply on SmartRecruiters
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale