AiDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN) is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others. Since 2001 we have worked closely with key stakeholders to reduce the burden and mitigate the impact of those diseases through cutting edge, innovative & sustainable approaches.
- The job holder will work closely with the Manager - Internal Audit to monitor compliance with APIN policies, donor requirements and general best practice
- Review financial records and other reports, systems and controls maintained in all APIN offices and Partners’ sites
- Carry out value adding and risk-based audit in all units and sites
- Collate and documents internal audit findings, follow up on responses from audited units/sites as well as on implementation of audit action plan
- Carry out physical verification of assets and reconciles with records maintained at the offices and sites
- Assist in the preparation of annual plan and periodic risk assessment exercises
- Research and document emerging issues in internal audit practice
- Maintain a working relationship with external auditors and facilitate periodic external audit exercise
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc. or HND in Accounting or any related disciple, with relevant professional qualification (ACA or ACCA) and a minimum of four years’ experience in audit function of a standard organisation, preferably in an international NGO
- Computer literacy/skills in usage of personal productivity tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet browsing, emailing etc.) is essential for the job position
Technical and Behavioural Competencies:
- Have a nose for details and numerical skill.
- Report writing skills.
- Ability to use Quickbooks Accounting software.
- Ability to multitask, with knowledge of accounting review processes
- Computer literacy/skills in usage of personal productivity tools.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Ability to work under pressure
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com stating their skills, knowledge and experience that make them suitable and addressing the person specification highlighted for the position.
The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as the applicant’s full name. The subject of the mail should be the job position being applied for.
Note: Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.