Jobs in an Insurance Company via Teclab
Posted on: 12 July, 2016
Deadline: 1 August, 2016
View Jobs in Insurance
View Jobs posted same day
Teclab Management Services Limited - Our Client, a leader in the Insurance Industry requires the services of Head, Data Analysis and Head Insurance Brokerage in Lagos.
- First Degree Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics an MBA will be an added advantage. Minimum of 3+ experience in Healthcare experience.
- 5+ years of Data analysis
- 3+ years relational data base experience.
- Key performance Objectives and Indicators:
- Relevance towards the overall success of the Organization
- Effective administration and cost effective Resource Management
- Accuracy and promptness of reports rendition
- Achievement of all set targets.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Attributes:
- Ability to develop, influence and implement systems and procedures to ensure that large Regional areas are well managed.
- Possess excellent verbal, written and presentational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of project management techniques.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must possess excellent time management skills.
go to method of application »
Specific functions include:
- Invent effective marketing strategies to sell insurance plans to new clients or up-sell to current clients
- Use methods such as networking, cold calling etc to spot opportunities and cultivate trust with potential customers
- Gauge the condition of business or individual customers and discover plans according to their requirements
- Collaborate with clients to introduce them with befitting risk management strategies
- Submit regular reviews of progress to interested parties
- Retain and renew bookkeeping systems, database and records
- Oversee insurance claims to ensure fair dealing and satisfaction
- Accomplish predetermined development goals by obtaining new clients
- Follow the market trends and continuously refurbish knowledge on products and services
- Fulfill all policy requirements
- Discussing and assessing clients' current and future insurance needs
- Researching insurance policies and products
- Negotiating policy terms and costs with insurance providers
- Arranging insurance cover for clients with the insurance provider.
- Gathering information from clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile;
- Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients including scheduling and attending meetings and understanding the nature of clients' businesses or lives;
- Foreseeing clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals;
- Researching insurance companies' policies and negotiating with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best price;
- Arranging specialized types of insurance cover in complex cases; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers;
- Advising clients on risk management and helping to devise new ways to mitigate risks, for example, by adding security measures such as fencing, surveillance cameras or lighting to commercial properties to reduce the likelihood of a break-in;
- Ensuring clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations;
- Renewing or amending existing policies;
- Advising clients whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies;
- Marketing and acquiring new clients;
- Developing relationships with underwriters, surveyors, photographers, structural engineers and other professionals;
- Administrative tasks such as paperwork, correspondence and keeping detailed records;
- Winning accounts against competitors;
- Keeping up with changes in the insurance market and in the clients' industries;
- Collecting insurance premiums and processing accounts.
- To partake in business development activities by being responsible for finding new customers, promoting and selling our insurance plans. The goal is to steadily forge long-term relationships to secure the company’s revenues and growth.
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics an MBA will be an added advantage. 3+ experience in Healthcare experience, 5+ years of Data analysis, 3+ years relational data base experience.
- Proven experience as an insurance broker
- Knowledgeable in all types of insurance plans
- Basic understanding of computers and statistics
- Demonstrated ability to present, persuade and eventually sell
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions and in creating long-lasting relationships
- Valid licence to practice profession
- Confident negotiation skills
- Reliability and honesty
- Excellent time management
- Analytical skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their applications and resumes to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Head Underwriting, General Business Personnel at Independent Management Consultants Limited
- Head Bancassurance at a Global Insurance Firm - Fosad Consulting