Fosad Consulting Ltd is a business support services firm with offerings in Human Resource Management, Immigrations and Real Estate Consulting.
Our Client, a top notch player in the insurance Industry is seeking to hire a apt and dynamic candidate who will function as Personal Assistant to the Executive Director.
This position is responsible for managing administrative duties for the Executive Director as well as handling sensitive assignments that include highly confidential information. Provide critical information connection between the Executive Director and internal & external customers to result in high quality and timely delivery of service.
Diary management and administration
- Manage diary; understanding the importance of key meetings, building flexibility into the diary and anticipating needs
- To organise external visits, meetings and speaking engagements and coordinate briefing and material, and make travel and accommodation arrangements to ensure budget and time management pressures are met.
- Prepare letters, reports and other documents
- Screen incoming telephone calls; direct them appropriately
- Review incoming correspondence, distribute and respond accordingly. Follow up where necessary
- Manage and organise administration
- Prepare documentation such as agendas and figures for meetings/ presentations and co-ordinate any project work
- Ensure correct briefing notes or papers for meetings
- Note take in meetings as and when required
- Create and maintain filling systems
- Make and coordinate travel arrangements in line with Company policy
- Ensure stationery supplies are maintained
- Provide support for all other administrative tasks as directed
- Maintain the organisational charts for areas of responsibility
- Process expenses within Company guidelines / time frames for the Chairman’s office
- Attending to meetings in place of the Chairman if necessary
- Remember deadlines and prompt where necessary
- Communicate clearly, confidently and in a professional manner at all levels both internally and externally
- Deal with all enquiries and requests promptly only escalating when necessary
- Uses initiative to solve problems without the need to escalate
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key contacts
- Convey a professional image at all times, exercising tact and diplomacy in handling a range of situations of differing content and complexity
- Handle sensitive information with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role within a structured corporate environment
- Knowledgeable in the use of the internet and other electronic office equipment
- Preferable Male
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Candidate should be analytically sound and good with figures.
- Good multi-tasking skills; energetic and result oriented
- Planning and prioritizing skills
- Effective and proven interpersonal skills
- Respects and maintains confidentiality of information
- Must be conversant with the use of Microsoft Office application
- Written and verbal communication skills to initiate professional and effective contact with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge and understanding of technology in meeting management (Skype, GotoMeeting, Video Conferencing)
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Seamless support
- Schedules managed effectively
- Their office delivers to deadlines
- Work is accurate
go to method of application »
Our client is a leading global financial institution offering Life Assurance and Short-Term Insurance services and provides a wide spectrum of insurance solutions tailored to meet unique individual and corporate clients' circumstances.
To control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures. Strategically steer the company to the most profitable direction by establishing goals and formulating plans to make sure those goals are met while also implementing its vision and mission.
- Prepare a corporate plan, annual business plan and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the company attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Draft policies for the approval of the Board and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate.
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Director on all aspects of the organization's activities
- Develop and maintain Research & Development programmes to ensure that the company remains at the forefront in the industry, applying the most cost-effective methods and approaches to provide leading products and retain its competitive edge.
- Develop and maintain Total Quality Management systems throughout the company to ensure the best possible products and services are provided to customers.
- Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximised and that fixed costs are minimised.
- Develop, promote and direct the implementation of equal opportunities policies in all aspects of the company’s operation.
- Ensure that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its clients and Board.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the company is providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
- Ensure effective forward and feedback communication systems between Management and staff are established and disseminated to all staff members to inculcate coherence and a team spirit.
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the Company in the wider community.
- Oversee the preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts of the Company and ensure their approval by the Board.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the Chairman and the members of the Board, to keep them aware of developments within the industry.
• Policy sales growth
• Net client gains
• Employee Satisfaction Index
• Return on Investment Ratios
• Claims Ratio and Time-to-Settle
Educational qualification and experience
• University degree in relevant field.
• Master’s degree in a management discipline.
• At least 15 years’ senior level experience of management of people and resources both local and foreign.
• Must be an active member of the necessary insurance professional bodies e.g. CIIN
• A wide knowledge of the insurance industry.
• Must have hands-on experience in Actuarial, Finance, Technicals (claims, life, etc)
• Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans.
• A proven record of success in senior level general or commercial management, preferably in the insurance industry.
Knowledge & Skills
• Political and presentation skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting interests and of meeting statutory requirements.
• Must have excellent consulting background and people management skills and deep Life assurance Industry expertise.
• Excellent leadership, communication, organisational and problem-solving skills.
• Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the industry.
• Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
• Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
• Good business drive, good accent, well composed and ability to represent the brand anywhere in the world.
• Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with standards and values of the organization.
• Develop unique ways to improve operations and create new opportunities.
• Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
• Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
• Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• Assess options and actions based on the trends and conditions in the environment.
go to method of application »
Job Summary: To support the Firm’s human resources processes by maintaining staffing logistics and employee benefits and by implementing the Firm’s performance management process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collate and update personnel records relating to employee staffing, absences, training, leave applications, benefits and performance evaluations.
- Process and maintain documentation relating to employee activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations and classifications.
- Prepare reports and documents pertaining to employee activities.
- Draft and explain the Firm’s personnel policies, benefits and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Collate information relating to staff training and development.
- Assist in arranging for the internal and external trainings.
- Assist in preparing the Training Budget.
- Assist in preparing and coordinating the travel plans of the Partners. This includes: updating visas, making visa applications, developing travel budgets and obtaining approvals for their travel funds.
- Liaise with the Firm’s endorsed HMO on staff complaints and registration.
- Assist in conducting orientation for new staff.
- Conduct tests and interviews for job applicants and interns.
- Administer and score applicant and employee aptitude, personality, and interest assessment tests.
- Prepare badges, passes, complimentary cards and identification cards, and perform other security-related duties.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a Reputable University with one to two years related experience.
Ø Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Ø Knowledge of laws relating to employee relations in Nigeria
Ø Intermediate proficiency with MS Office application
- Good time management skills
Ø Strong interpersonal skills
- Should have an eye for detail
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Display logical reasoning.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Etiquette- Display good manners.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect
- Innovation - Display original thinking and creativity.
go to method of application »
Our client, a non-banking financial service institution is hiring highly intelligent, young and dynamic professionals with integrity for the position of a Transaction/Finance Officer to support with clearing backlogs of unspotted transactions across their branches in Nigeria.
Accounts Payable Functions:
- Recording of vendor payments.
- Ensuring proper approval before final payout.
- Electronic writing of cheques.
- Maintaining payment register.
- Cheque disbursement.
- Posting of payment vouchers and journals.
Accounts Receivable Functions:
- Posting of receipt vouchers and journals.
- Reconciliation of clients premium accounts.
- Management of direct debit collections.
- Filing of Documents
- Lodging cheques at the bank and raising recepits.
- Support in Premia 10 implementation process
- Other support functions
- Any other task as assigned by the Branch Manager.
- Suitable candidates must possess a certificate of HND or B.SC in any field.
Experience and Skill:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in an accounting, finance or business administrative role.
- Must be 27 years and above
- Strong organization and time management skill.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
go to method of application »
- Profiling new clients and bringing in new business to the company while sourcing for EOI, AVC and having CIS presentations in organisations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Opening and closing of new businesses.
- Registration of new clients and/ or staff of organizations.
- Processing of RSA form for timely generation of pins.
- Ensuring client satisfaction by listening to the needs of the client, proffering solutions immediately were available and building a good relationship for referrals.
- Sales of Additional Voluntary Contribution to clients alongside their RSA.
- Give client updates on the pension industry through one of our channel(s) such as the customer interactive session.
- To ensure that accounts opened are funded.
Daily Activities/ Tasks
- Prospect for new business and make ‘cold calls’ to establish relationship were necessary
- Schedule a list of organisations to visit for new recruits/staffs
- Enlist clients who are dissatisfied with their PFAs’ for transfer
- Resolve issues or challenges with pensions. e.g Updates on mobile alert
- Follow up on remittance and channel to the appropriate unit.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Good problem solving skill.
- Good analytical skill
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Undying optimistic Attitude
- Team worker, interpersonal skills, commercial focus.
- Flair, energy and sustained capacity for hard and smart work
- Confident and Sociable
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with very fluent English.
- The charisma to lead team members in achieving set objectives.
- Good relationship management skills
- A minimum of B.Sc
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Negotiation skills
Method of Application
To apply, visit Fosad Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.