Job Opportunities at Nigeria SACE via USAID
Posted on: 7 June, 2016
Deadline: 21 June, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at USAID
Nigeria SACE is a five-year program funded by the US. Agency for International Development (USAID), through a contract with Chemonics International. It aims to strengthen civil society to influence the development and implementation of key democratic reforms at the national, state, and local levels in Nigeria. SAGE will support CSOs’ increased capacity to engage and influence public institutions on key issues using the innovative STAR Methodology as well as their ability to strengthen public awareness and support for reform. SACE explicitly aims to engage marginalized populations, such as women, youth, and people with disabilities. The project works with sixteen core partners and over 200 cluster members and collaborators. In its third year, the project now seeks to hire high performing individuals to join its team.
Ref No: MEM 002
- The project seeks to hire a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager who will be responsible for implementing and coordinating the project monitoring and evaluation system.
- The post holder will work with the M&E Advisor and technical staff to develop performance monitoring indicators and implement databases, spreadsheets and the project MIS for M&E data collection.
- S/he will train staff and selected partners on M&E system operations, and collate data from technical staff and partners to update the system and perform analyses.
- The M&E Manager will support the development and implementation of the performance monitoring plan as well as responding to USAID/Nigeria and USAID/Washington data requests.
- S/he will also support third party impact assessments, lessons learned, and successes during SACE implementation. This is a full time post based in Abuja.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in project management or a related field and minimum of 5 years of professional experience is required; master’s preferred.
- S/he should ideally possess experience on democracy and governance sector projects, especially USAID-funded projects, highly desired. Experience in tracking and submitting M&E data is required.
- Preference is given for direct experience with M&E on USAID-funded projects.
- Experience working with civil society strengthening and/or business management organizations in Nigeria is highly desirable. Ability to work collaboratively, foster goodwill, and build coalitions with relevant groups, organizations, agencies, and businesses, private or public.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and other software programs related to M&E, such as statistical management software managing data in management information systems (MIS), use of info-graphics, as well as expertise in internet- based research.
- Solid writing and communication skills in English required. Skill in developing scopes of work and managing short-term consultants is preferred.
go to method of application »
Ref No: SPM 001
- The project now seeks to hire a Senior Program Manager to strengthen the work using the STAR Methodology to build the capacities of partners.
- Working with the project’s key technical partner and the existing project team, the post-holder will be responsible for overseeing technical application of the range of tools in the STAR methodology, providing ‘deep’ coaching and strategic and technical analysis of the results of the STAR.
- S/he will be responsible for supporting the team to refine and devise training in support of the elements related to the STAR Suite as well as supporting other training and capacity building activities for CSO coalitions, networks and BMOs, working with the Capacity Building and Partnerships Advisor and the Niger Delta Advisor.
- This is a full time post based in Abuja.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Social Sciences; Law or Development studies and preferably have a relevant post graduate qualification.
- S/he must have at least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of organizational and institutional capacity building in the context of development projects and of working with civil society organizations and networks, coalitions, alliances and/or clusters on governance issues.
- The candidate will have a sound understanding of Governance issues, Gender and Social Inclusion as well as prior training, facilitation and, ideally, coaching and mentoring skills.
- With strong analytical skills, s/he will have the ability to understand and interpret data using sound methodological approaches with strong IT skills with an ability to develop graphical information to aid understanding and interpretation.
- S/he must have excellent communication skills, including interpersonal and in written and oral English. The project will provide training on the STAR Methodology.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CVs and application letter to: email@example.com (state reference Nos in the Subject box of the email)
- Applications should comprise a cover letter, a two-page capacity statement, addressing the key skills identified and curriculum vitae.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The project is keen to encourage applications from women, people with disability and young people.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated with.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about USAIDSimilar Jobs
- HR/Administrative Manager at Youngstars Foundation
- Psychosocial Councelor at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale
- Fresh Vacancies at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Associate Project Officer at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Fresh Jobs at Freedom Foundation
- Job Vacancies at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Job Opportunities at Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
- Administrative Assistant at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)