If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Rapid Facilities Management Limited - We have over eighteen years of building services experience, both local and international which we deploy for the smooth and efficient running of your office, factory, hotel, hospital or other buildings. Our relentless pursuit of best practice means you can focus on your core activities whilst we take away the hassle of running your buildings.
- Operate as overall officer in charge of sourcing and purchasing of goods and services for the company according to approved budget
- Close control of purchasing budgets, negotiating with suppliers and ensuring delivery schedules are met
- Advises the FM on Procurement Strategy matters that impacts the company
- Provide strategic leadership and direction in managing procurement activities for the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Sourcing & Vendor Management: 40%
- Researching for new vendors and actively seeking for better sources for the supply of consumables & other goods, including ad-hoc sourcing of goods locally & internationally to fulfill customers’ requests.
- Evaluating prospective suppliers & subcontractors, vetting and on-boarding of subcontractors for the company’s main activity streams (electrical, mechanical, AC, building works, waste disposal, pest control, water treatment, etc.), ensuring they meet the requirement within Rapid FM.
- Applying and obtaining good credit terms for vendors & subcontractors in line with company’s goals and objectives.
- Agree favorable payment terms with vendors, while ensuring that they maintain at all times, quality of goods/services as required by clients.
- Monitoring market trends, carry out market analysis to get the best purchasing deals, acquiring goods and services at favorable prices, comparing prices of goods from different suppliers, and staying up-to-date on market changes that can affect the supply and prices of goods.
Purchasing / Buying: 30%
- Raising purchase orders and following through with purchases to delivery
- Managing all paperwork through the purchasing process (GRNs, Way bills, Purchase Orders, quotations, invoices) etc.
- Verifying that requisitions are within the agreed budget, verifying specifications for requests before placing orders.
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities, regularly contacting suppliers & subcontractors to renegotiate prices
- Resolving disputes and claims with vendors/suppliers.
- Controlling the purchasing budget
- Monitoring delivery times to ensure they are on time.
- Ensuring the adequate supply of all required materials, components and equipment
- Data Handling - maintaining accurate records of purchases, prices, inventory levels, potential developments on goods and services
- Procure all materials tools and services for all sites across the business
- Liaising with accounts payable on vendor invoices & payments
- Provide adequate information for the preparation of costing for all tenders and bids for intending projects and proposals
- Ensure all request are attended to within 24hrs upon request being made
- Ensure all Purchase Orders created get to finance department within 24hrs of being created
- Monthly reporting on procurement activities e.g. volume of supplies per service and materials, volume of request per site, number of registered suppliers %age of OEM VS OTHER Suppliers
- Following through on advance payment to vendors & subcontractors, ensuring that items/services are delivered as required and closed out
Stock Control: 30%
- Keeping record of consumables stocks in HQ stores and managing dispatch to sites, monitor trend of consumption per site and whistle blow on too frequent/abnormal requests.
- Liaising with various sites and monitoring stock levels in conjunction with site representative
- Projecting stock levels, managing reorder levels and placing orders for stock items & monthly consumables to ensure zero- stock out.
- Analyzing inventory levels of existing stock
Any Other responsibilities:
- Undertaking any other duties, either for this department or any other department within the business, which may be requested by the Managing Director, for which training and/or an explanation has been provided and understood.
Essential Requirements/Minimum Qualifications
- Good appreciation of the Facility Management industry, its dynamics, regulation, legislation and operating environment.
- Strong business acumen with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly result oriented, quality and detailed focused orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills including ability to manage teams effectively.
- Ability to drive and manage organizational change.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver on multiple priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and execute time sensitive deadlines
- First degree in Purchasing and Supply Management, Business Administration, Economics or any other procurement/business related discipline
- Minimum of five (3) years cognate experience.
- Knowledge of Procurement Planning Processes.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Compliance with Company’s policies and procedures.
- Availability of cost effective funding for project operations.
- Customer’s satisfaction with relation to response time on their transaction
- Regularity of report of profitability on operational projects/contracts.
- Accuracy of cash flow forecast/project costing and budget.
- Accuracy and timeliness of management information and reports.
- Timeliness and accuracy of financial reports to all stakeholders.
- Timeliness of invoicing for jobs, revenue recognition and receivables from clients.
- Effective account collections/Credit control, timeliness in effecting payments to vendors.
- Monthly reconciliations with clients.
- Accuracy and efficiency in Cash and bank transactions
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application letter and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email subject should be Procurement Officer
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.