Job Opportunities at II Marine Limited
Posted on: 26 April, 2016
Deadline: 6 May, 2016
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at II Marine Limited
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
II Marine Limited, is a growing indigenous dredging and shipping company incorporated in Nigeria, providing various services in Maritime and Oil & Gas Sectors. The company is involved in dredging and marine services etc and render excellent and qualitative services to its valued customers taking into consideration the vast experience of their management team who has acquired a lot of expertise and exposure in their various fields of endeavor. Our strength is in the depth of our Total Project.
- The position requires accurate accounting data helps owners and managers make sound decisions based on real data, not gut-feelings, gossip or wishful thinking.
- The Accounting Officer to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- The position requires disciplined, team- spirited and goal oriented individuals.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines are also required.
- Honesty and integrity are highly valued assets.
- Assist the Accounts Manager in preparing annual budgets, business plans and cash flow forecasts, scheduling expenditures;
- General book-keeping and implementing on-going control of cash transactions including reconciliation of bank statements and accounts and resolution of any discrepancies.
- Participate in the management of the company’s inventory by monitoring, maintaining and updating inventory reconciliation.
- Monitor monetary sales activity in all store outlets by maintaining proper money management and deposit procedures and encouraging staff adherence to set sales targets
- Calculating the company revenue and crosschecking if the cost and revenue match
- Contribute to the preparation of financial statements and management reports, including monthly and annual accounts.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Work with the External Auditorsto ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Participate in interface with relevant regulatory agencies on tax matters and filing of all statutory returns.
- Assist in preparation of payrolls, records of prepaid assets, accounts receivable, accruals and payment of employee salaries.
- Assist the Accounts Manager to disburse petty cash for general office needs and disburse funds for approved payments
- Facilitate the timely and regular payment of utility bills and tax levies.
- Apply efficient and cost - saving initiatives and procedures for the organization.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential and support overall organizational goals and objectives.
go to method of application »
Successful candidate’s functions include:
- Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office; develops policies, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
- Provides assistance and support to the office principal in problem solving, project planning and management, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Supervises the work of employees in supporting roles, including assigning workload and monitoring employee performance.
- Oversees and facilitates resources management and administration procedures and documentation for the principal.
- Performs research and analysis on specific issues, as required, and independently prepares non-routine letters and/or reports, which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and institutions on operational and programmatic matters concerning the Office.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events; coordinates and attends committee meetings, and participates in committee discussions, as appropriate.
- Coordinates the disposition and/or resolution of individual problems and disputes involving faculty, staff, students, and/or members of the general public, as they arise.
- Oversees the operation of office accounts, and plans and monitors expenditures; as appropriate, develops and/or coordinates budgets for the office and associated accounts.
- Provides and/or oversees provision of staff support to the office, to include handling walk-up and phone interactions, maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence, handling day-to-day problems and situations, and provision of secretarial support.
- Provides assistance in the understanding and interpretation of University policies and procedures, as appropriate, and ensures that office operations are in compliance with policy provisions and standards.
- Assists in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects, as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required skills and competence Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Knowledge of human resources administration principles and practices.
- Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures as applied to public academic institutions
Qualifications and Experience
- A good first degree in Business Administration or any of the Social Sciences
- An second degree in a relevant course is required
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in secretarial and administrative management with a reputable organization
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Track record in organisation management and leadership at a supervisory level
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application letter and CVs to email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about II Marine LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Hydraulic Infrastructure Engineer at O.K. ISOKARIARI & Sons (NIGERIA) Limited
- Lead Pipeline Engineer at Penspen
- Engineering Jobs at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Job Vacancies at Innovius Resources & Solutions Limited
- Electrical & Mechanical Automobile Technician at TAS Automobile Solutions
- Sales Engineer - Graduate Trainee at A.G. Leventis (Nigeria) Plc
- Pump Technician at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Service Engineer at ABB Nigeria Limited