The Palladium Group develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 counties.
The Maternal, New-born and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States.
- The HR Manager will be responsible for establishing and managing the programme?s human resources and employee relations policies and procedures.
- S/he will also provide immigration liaison services for the programme ensuring that all international programme staff and consultants have the required legal documentation for the duration of their assignments with MNCH2.
Specific job responsibilities
- Manage the programme recruitment process this includes assisting the Senior Operations Manager in the preparation of staffing requests, development of appropriate adverts for approved posts, management of the shortlisting/selection process as well other aspects of the recruitment process in line with programme and Palladium guidelines.
- Liaise with IT for creation of email addresses for newly recruited staff and notifying all staff of new colleagues.
- Develop and manage the programme?s induction process ensuring that all newly recruited staff are informed of all relevant codes of conduct, policies, documents and forms as well as deadlines that exist within the programme (e.g. timesheets, leave etc.)
- Ensure that all staff are in the know of any changes that have been made to the Programme Operations manual.
- Develops and manages programme staff and consultants? contracts in line with set guidelines.
- Establish and maintain both electronic and manual documentation systems for all employees and consultants related records ensuring that they are kept in line with programme data protection and confidentiality policy
- Coordinate and manage the programme?s performance management cycle taking steps to ensure that all performance evaluations are conducted in a timely manner and according to set guidelines and that records are kept accordingly.
- Ensure that all newly recruited staff are appropriately registered with the pension fund administrators, relevant health insurance companies or any other established employee benefit system that has been agreed by programme
- Advice on Nigerian regulations and policy issues on matters such as employment and immigration, ensuring compliance
- Manage leave plan for all staff ensuring that leave schedules are coordinated to avoid disruption to the operations of the office
- Provide support in the maintenance of the programme payroll, pension and tax details for Palladium staff in close coordination with the Senior Finance Manager
- Administer all employee benefit programs in conjunction with the Senior Operations Manager and the Senior Finance Manager.
- Manage all HR templates ensuring that the right forms and templates are used by staff at all times
- Line manage the HR Assistants and Office Cleaners
- Ensure all programme service guidelines are followed at all times liaising with relevant consortium partners consultants and staff to ensure full compliance to DFID administrative, logistical and HR requirements
- Coach and mentor other staff as required.
- A Masters' degree in Human Resources Management or any of the relevant Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within a reputable organisation;
- Previous personnel management experience
- Experience managing a busy team within an intercultural setting;
- Contract management skills
- Strong knowledge of Nigerian employment and all such related regulations;
- Knowledge of Nigerian immigration laws
- Previous experience within an international development project (particularly DFID projects) would be advantageous.
In return we offer;
- A friendly and team-based working environment
- Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues
- Vital contribution to improving maternal and newborn services in Northern Nigeria
- The opportunity to truly make a difference.
- A competitive salary with benefits
go to method of application »
The post of Integrated MNCH/HSTP Trainer has responsibility to ensure effective overall coordination of Training programming/activities of the projects in assigned states. Summary of duties include the followings: Post holder will contribute to strengthening state capacity development systems, promotes increase in the number and availability of adequate health workers with required skilled sets in all project states, contributes to implementation of selected high impact Integrated Maternal New-born Child Health continuum of care interventions in project states, upgrade the skills of state midwife mentors and health workers in integrated maternal and neo-natal health, PMTCT, IMCI , ICCM, healthy timing/spacing of pregnancies and routine immunization, provides technical support for implementation of approved trainings, coaching mentoring and supportive supervision programmes in all project states, supports SMOH and other state stakeholders to improve outcomes for maternal and child health in accordance with project strategic goals.
An MBBS or B.Sc Nursing with additional qualifications such as MPH. Preference will be given to candidates with specialty in O&G, previous capacity Building experience in EmONC, Life saving Skills and experience in maternal, newborn and child health/RH programming. A minimum of seven years’ experience with national, international or government agencies in training on maternal, newborn and child health is required. The candidate should have strong interpersonal communication skills, excellent written and spoken English Language and proficiency in the use of Computer applications in MS Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and relevant web based M & E softwares used to generate project reports.
- Integrity, commitment to the organization and its mandate
- Cultural sensitivity/valuing diversity
- Performance Management/developing people
- Working in teams
- Communicating information and ideas
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Result orientation/commitment to excellence
- Knowledge sharing/continuous learning
- Facilitation, coaching and mentoring skills
- Result-based programme development and management
- Leveraging the resources of national government & partners/building relationships
- Innovation and flexibility in adapting to resource constraints
- Resource mobilization
- Job knowledge/technical /clinical expertise
- Good knowledge on maternal, neonatal and child health issues/priorities at community, local government, state and national levels
Method of Application
To apply, visit Palladium Career Page
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. There are no relocation allowance available for this position.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale