The Management of Federal Medical Centre, Idi-Aba, Abeokuta invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of:
- The Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Institution.
- He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
- The Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for the execution of policies and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Interested Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Candidates must be Medical or Dental Practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria of not less twelve (12) years Post qualification;
- Candidates must be fellows of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent registerable by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria;
- Candidates must have been Consultants for a minimum of five (5) years;
- Candidates must be medically fit;
- Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity;
- Medical research is an added advantage;
- Administrative qualification and experience is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is an added advantage.
- Applicant above the age of 55 years need not apply
Salary & Allowances
Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of Officer.
go to method of application »
The Director of Administration shall be responsible to the Medical Director for day-to-day general administration of the Hospital. He shall be the Chief Administrative Adviser to the Medical Director on general administration matters and Secretary to the Board of Management. In addition, the Director of Administration shall:
- Take charge of the department of administration:
- Participating in formulation, execution and review of policies as directed by the Medical Director and/or the Board.
- Coordinating the activities of support departments in the Hospital;
- Conduct the correspondence of the Board and keep the records of the Hospital;
- Perform such other functions as the Board or the Medical Director, may from time to time assign to him/her.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must possess a good honours degree in any of the disciplines of Social Sciences, Humanities or any professional qualification with bias in administration from a recognized University or its equivalent;
- Candidates must have had at least twenty-five (25) years post qualification experience;
- Possession of Master's Degree or any other relevant higher degrees or postgraduate professional qualifications in Hospital Management or any of the disciplines specified in (i) above would be an added advantage:
- Working experience in a hospital is an added advantage;
- Applicants who have less than four (4) years to retirement need not apply.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- Salary and Condition of Service shall be in accordance with the Public Service salary structure for this category of officer.
The Director of Administration shall hold office, for a maximum period of eight years only; effective from the date of appointment inclusive of any period served as a Director in any other organization in the Public Service, provided the officer does not attain the mandatory retirement age of Sixty (60) years or thirty-five (35) years in service (whichever is earlier) and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Method of Application
Applicants should send Twenty (20) copies of application letters and Curriculum Vitae to be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The Medical Director,
Federal Medical Centre,
Sapon Post Office,
Candidate should also enclose his/her Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years in not more than 1000 words.
Note: The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of NOT LESS than Twenty (20) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness. This should be accompanied by recommendation letters from the referees.