Job Vacancy at SPIE Oil and Gas
Posted on: 16 March, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
Location: Nigeria / OFFSHORE
Duration: 3 years
We are looking for a PLC Specialist (Siemens S7):
- Maintain, operate, modify and perform routine tasks on the PLCs, HMIs, automation computers and Unit Control Panels (UCP) of all AKPO Packages located in the Hull and Topside of the FPSO as well as the Buoy, all located within the AKPO Field.
- Carry out modifications on both hardware (input, output, communication cards etc) and software (control and safety logic, sequence logic etc) of all systems (compressors, pumps, oil & gas metering system, High Integrity Pressure Protection System (HIPPS), Tank Gauging System (TGS), Power Distribution Control System (PDCS), Telemetry System, machine monitoring system etc), under his responsibility as may be required, requested or directed by COMPANY.
- Prepare with the ICSS Administrator, preventive and corrective actions and modifications of the systems under his responsibility.
- Manage and document in technical reports, interventions using the CMIMS and work packs provided by the planning team.
- Follow up the parameter values and alarms in the concerned systems under his responsibility and perform trouble shooting if required.
- Control and apply inhibits in the systems as directed and controlled by COMPANY rules and procedures.
- Maintain an accurate and auditable log of all system faults and inhibits (Short term and long term).
- Take part in daily, weekly and coordination meetings on SITE,
- Identify, in the preparatory stage of maintenance works, any sensitive operation and ensure that a proper assessment of the risks involved is carried out beforehand,
- Identify recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyse them and suggest improvements, as well as problems related to availability, quality and obsolescence of spare parts.
- Track any backlog of work in area of responsibility and suggest corrective measures to COMPANY and CONTRACTOR to improve the management of the backlog.
- Review and assure that all Software Modifications and corrective actions are validated by COMPANY and all impacted documentations are updated after implementation.
- Perform further tasks in the future within the limit of the AKPO SII as may be defined by COMPANY.
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications;
- National Diploma or Certificate (ND/NC) or A-levels + 3 years' further study or BTS/DUT or equivalent,
- 6 years' experience in the field of Control and Safety Systems and a minimum of 3 years as a Specialist in Control and Safety systems in the Oil and Gas / Petrochemical industry,
- Knowledge of the oil and gas treatment process, installations and equipment.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in PLC's especially Siemens' SIMATIC Industrial Automation Systems, Panels and HMI's.
- Knowledge of machine control (e.g compressor control, injection pump control, offloading pump control, turbine control) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of general instrumentation concepts, field devices (sensors and final elements), instrument loops, etc.
- Awareness of Emerson's DeltaV Process Control System, Allen Bradley's ControlLogix System and Schneider's Triconex Safety Instrumented Systems are an added advantage.
- Awareness of SAP CMIMS or similar
- Awareness of Operator Training Simulators.
- Possession of good interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English language is required and knowledge of French language is an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, click here to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about SPIE Oil & Gas ServicesSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at an Upstream Oil & Gas Company - Smart Partners Consulting Limited
- Hydraulic Fracking Specialist at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Ongoing Recruitment at TOTAL Nigeria CONT.
- Ongoing Recruitment at TOTAL Nigeria
- Fresh Vacancies at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Client Account Manager at A Multinational Oil And Gas Company - Aldelia Limited
- Experienced Accountant at Resdepm International Limited
- Maintenance Engineers at Hobark International Limited (HIL)