Supply Chain Vacancy at Jagal
Posted on: 1 March, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Jagal Group
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
JAGAL Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
Job Ref.: 590
Reporting to: Department Supervisor
- You will be responsible for providing support to the procurement team by way of monitoring Purchase Order Status and expediting to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods & services to appropriate locations.
Key Aims and Objectives
- To provide effective liaison between site, office and vendors in order to ensure the smooth delivery of materials as per the site program
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce project planning and cost deliverables in accordance with the project timetable of phased implementation from engineering/procurement/fabrication/construction/pre-commissioning/commissioning data.
- Continuously monitor purchase order status, expedite where there seem to be delays thereby ensuring that goods and services are made available at the right time to end-users.
- Update information on existing purchase orders, adding remarks for possible causes if delays were anticipated to keep the Purchasing Management and User departments abreast of the situation.
- Run reports regularly from the CMMS (Maximo) to assess the status of Purchase orders and coordinate with the concerned buyer to expedite delivery and resolve issues if any.
- Communicate/Correspond with the vendors and user departments effectively as and when required to find out possible causes for delay in orders, delivery of incorrect items, incomplete delivery etc. and help in resolving same in the best interests of the organization.
- Update Management on a continuous basis on the status of orders, to help decide on the right course of action to be taken to sort out issues if any.
- Follow-up with end users/vendors to obtain delivery note, and arrange for Goods Received Note (GRN) wherever goods/services are received/completed ensuring that the periodical reports run reflect a realistic picture of the situation.
- Provide inputs to the Management to assess Supplier Performance rating which is very important in management’s decision on any vendor.
- Coordinate & assist Finance (Accounts Payable) in case of problem invoices, by communicating with the vendor to obtain credit notes appropriately.
- Any duties as deemed reasonable within the associated envelope of the individual’s technical capability.
Key internal interfaces:
- Project Manager
- Procurement Team
- Various ND management staff
- You must be Degree qualified with a minimum of 3 years experience in Procurement and additional certificates in Supply Chain or Logistics will be preferred.
- Candidates must have good customer service skills with a focus on quality customer care and be well versed in Ms Office.
- Basic understanding of Procurement, Logistics, EMS & Accounts Payable systems (or knowledge to be built in dedicated training session).
- Has very strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Pro-active, self-motivated and eager to acquire knowledge.
- Problem solving skills with ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to work fast and on numerous requests simultaneously and to work under pressure.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jagal GroupSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at an Upstream Oil & Gas Company - Smart Partners Consulting Limited
- Hydraulic Fracking Specialist at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Ongoing Recruitment at TOTAL Nigeria CONT.
- Ongoing Recruitment at TOTAL Nigeria
- Fresh Vacancies at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Client Account Manager at A Multinational Oil And Gas Company - Aldelia Limited
- Experienced Accountant at Resdepm International Limited
- Maintenance Engineers at Hobark International Limited (HIL)