Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 20 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves.
We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to Inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
- To provide administrative support and assistance for the development and management of Human Resources functions, for the development and maintenance of policies & procedures, for or the security of staff and for the promotion of the Child Safe Guarding Policy.
Key Areas of Accountability
The scope of this role will include:
- Support the Human Resource Coordinator to timely download applications from the vacancy website.
- Manage the scheduling and logistics of all interviews between candidates and the office.
- Prepare candidates for interviews with office by providing detailed information on the location, job descriptions, and methodology.
- Participate in the preparation for induction for new staff on the global and national policy guidelines and procedures
- Provide administrative support to supervisors to arrange training opportunities for staff.
- Ensure a timely and proper filing of all HR related documents and support in collecting and updating staff information.
- Maintaining leave-tracking sheet and performance review schedule.
- Support in maintaining an updated personnel files in line with HR best practice standards.
- Support the HR Coordinator in compilation of payroll related documents
- Maintain proper and accurate records /inventory of Office supplies distribution and usage by each HR team member.
- Organize central HR files. Ensure documents are stored in an easy to access and understandable system. Update and circulate the filing list regularly to HR team members
- Process for payments to consultants and vendors for HR related expenses
- Photocopying of documents when required.
Essential Administrative Skills & Experience
- Level of Education - Degree/HND.
- Specified Study Area - Administration / Social Sector
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level - Excellent
- Language Requirements - English - Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required - Excellent
- Ability to communicate effectively in the local language (Hausa)
- Currently residing/working in Kebbi State and its environs - a plus
- I/NGO work experience - a plus
go to method of application »
- Technical lead for development and management of accountability structures and systems across the country program.
- The role is responsible for ensuring fully embedded practical and effective mechanisms for accountability to children within the country programme, via capacity building, championing and supporting Implementation.
Key Areas of Accountabilities
- Set up of Accountability Structures
- Facilitate accountability assessments and implementation planning
- Capacity building of Program/Project team and partners on concept, use, role and management of CRM
- Support field staff to set up and manage accountability mechanisms.
- Provide technical support for Child Participation processes throughout the program cycle
- Support Accountability Focal points to monitor effectiveness of the mechanisms set up
- Management of Central Complaints Response Mechanism
- Establishment and smooth functioning of the central Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM)
- Coordination with field office MEAL teams, program teams and partner staffs for raising awareness on CRM
- Manage toll free number and other means of CRM and ensure all CRMs (hotline, complain box, hoarding board) are functional at State, LGA and community levels
- Manage Complaints and Response Mechanism Central Database; aaggregate complaints/feedbacks from field level databases into the central complaints database.
- Periodic supervision of all CRM personnel to ensure complaints are logged in a professional and timely manner and beneficiaries are communicated with the in a dignified manner regarding their complaints/feedback
- Support MEAL Coordinators/Accountability focal points conduct quarterly survey for Complaints Satisfaction Assessment
- Maintain confidentiality in case of serious complaint lodged through CRM and share with proper channel.
- Provide CRM Report on a monthly basis to Head of MEAL for dissemination to SMT
- Coordination with Program Team on CRM
- Provide timely reminder to the concerned program staffs for the completion of actions agreed in the action plan tracker related to CRM
- Ensure that Program Staff handle complaints as per CRM Design specifications and are sharing the information with team members
- Facilitating in holding the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities regarding CRM
- Support Program Team and Verification and Investigation Committee for verification of complaints registered & Ensure the timely resolution of the complaints & completion of CRM database.
- Support MEAL Coordinator/Officer for field verification of all project related output monitoring data.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 5 years of professional experience.
- Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office applications, web-based applications and advanced statistical package utilization e.g SPSS,STATA-12,DHIS etc)
- Good interpersonal skills and influencing skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Experience in or understanding of programme accountability principles
- Commitment to championing community and partner points of view
- Very good listening and facilitation skills - capable of managing and facilitating group discussions with programme participants, children, parents/caregivers, local officials, partners and all levels of staff.
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO’s staff.
- Ability to mobilise people - to develop and maintain relationships with staff and communities to ensure their participation in Save the Children’s ways of working.
- Knowledge and experience of child safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Fluency in English and Hausa, spoken and written.
Method of Application
To apply for the position, visit Save The Children Career Page on Simplicant
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale