Fresh Job Opportunities at Save the Children
Posted on: 16 February, 2016
Deadline: 20 February, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 20 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves.
We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to Inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
- To assume a technical role in implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate Monitoring and Evaluation systems for all project activities in Lagos and Cross Rivers States.
- The post will involve coordination with state teams, and in line with USAID reporting requirements, and with SC guidelines and best practices.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Based on the project proposal, implementation plan, and donor reporting requirements, implement the system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, which is feasible, practical, and "user friendly", and will obtain valid and reliable information.
- Ensure an effective M&E data collection and reporting system with all partners through mentorship, on the job training, site visits and other technical support as needed. Ensure systems are well understood and properly implemented by all partners.
- Work with partners and state teams to maintain reporting processes to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support the conduct of periodic supportive supervision and Data Quality Assessment visits to state teams, partners, and communities
- Facilitate the sharing of information obtained with communities, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism.
- Ensure programming is aligned to targets and indicators contained in project proposal
- Constantly update State team on activities progress
- Provide on-going support to partners, and communities to maintain M&E systems; identify skill gaps that can be addressed in subsequent trainings.
- Analyse information about the programme and make recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports in ensuring utmost quality
- Update project database routinely as at when required
- Support monthly data review meetings in States
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Monitoring & Evaluation Director
Skills & Experience
- Training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- 3 years of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: health, HIV, nutrition and/ or economics.
- Strong analytical skills, and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to support CSOs across board by building their capacity.
- Planning skills, including ability to think creatively and set priorities, manage work plans and evaluate progress.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal).
- The ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
- Commitment to SC’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Commitment to support cross organisational initiatives.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment.
- A degree or a postgraduate level qualification or equivalent in economics or related discipline.
- Experience working with in Systems Strengthening programs to support vulnerable children.
- Experience of qualitative research techniques.
- Experience in international development.
go to method of application »
Save The Children is looking to add a dynamic, organized proposal writer who is passionate about being a part of a global team of individuals committed to improving the lives of children in Nigeria. Successful candidates should have:
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate complex technical ideas in a clear and compelling way
- The ability to synthesize inputs from multiple sources into one cohesive document with a unified voice
- A talent for writing concisely and conceptualizing ideas for graphics that convey key information
- Experience writing proposals for USAID, DFID, other bilaterals, foundations and/or corporations
- Experience at an INGO and knowledge of some technical areas such as humanitarian assistance, health, nutrition, protection, education, livelihoods or water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Attention to detail and exceptional organization
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with large teams and to communicate clearly.
- Thoroughly review solicitations/calls for funding and become an expert on funder instructions and requirements
- Work with the proposal team to develop an outline that will guide the organization and content of proposal sections
- Integrate inputs from technical experts and staff into a narrative that clearly conveys proposal win themes and technical solutions, and importantly, is compliant with all donor instructions and requirements
- Help the proposal team to identify and address any gaps in the program design or other pieces of the proposal
- Collaborate with the proposal team to incorporate the suggestions of proposal reviewers
- Format and edit proposals and ensure a high quality final products
- Follow proposal calendar and meet established deadlines.
- Master's Degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- Minimum 5 years overall experience, with 2 years in writing and developing proposals in response to solicitations from donors
- Exceptional conceptual, analytical, writing, and editing skills, including knack for synthesizing large amounts of information into persuasive, clear language and graphics. Experience working in Nigeria.
- Ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines.
Method of Application
To apply for the position, visit Save The Children Career Page on Simplicant
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Action Against Hunger
- APP Editor at ActionAid Nigeria
- MEAL & Assessment Manager at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Latest Vacancies at The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Fresh Job Recruitment
- Jobs at Girl Effect Nigeria
- Request For Quotations at Norwegian Church Aid
- Job Opportunities at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)