New Job Opportunity at Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
Posted on: 22 March, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Clinton Health Access Initiative
Founded in 2002 by President William J. Clinton, the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) works to broaden access to life-saving treatment for HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria patients in the poorest parts of the world. As part of this mission, CHAI’s “Access Programs” approach global public health challenges with market-based strategies, using simultaneous engagement on both the supply and demand sides of the market. On the supply side, CHAI engages with suppliers of essential drugs and diagnostics to improve access to products by lowering prices, accelerating new products to market, and sharing market intelligence. On the demand side, CHAI organizes and consolidates demand for health commodities by helping governments to scale up treatment programs, mobilize new resources, improve procurement processes, and enhance local human resource capacity. Working with over 30 governments and other partners, CHAI is focused on large-scale impact on many of the largest barriers to effective treatment and care.
- Ensure staff compliance with HR policies and practices.
- Screen identified candidates to assess their abilities, and recommend qualified candidates based on phone interview and pre-employment assessment; proactively manage internal referrals.
- Provide consistent communication to hiring teams and candidates on the position status, throughout the interviewing and hiring process.
- Complete employment verification and assist in the onboarding process for new hires.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive professional development strategy, including organizational learning, new skills acquisition, and talent development.
- Maintain, monitor and manage accuracy and integrity of employee information in HRIS system and electronic files. Run and distribute HRIS reports on a timely basis.
- Track staff leave days and generate a leave tracker report on a monthly basis.
- Provide administrative support to HR staff; train recruitment team volunteers; manage between 2-4 HR and recruitment volunteers.
- Create process documents to ensure efficiency and uniformity through the department. Conduct regular audits on HR related processes and benefits.
- Coordinate with insurance vendor to ensure provision of top quality medical coverage for staff and their families.
- Create agendas and take notes for weekly HR team meetings.
- Maintain internal and external newsletters for HR & Recruitment.
- Other responsibilities as requested by position's supervisor
- Ability to work independently and with a high level of accuracy, initiative and self-motivation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively and function in a fast-paced work environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills including excellent written and oral communication
- Demonstrated ability to work with a sense of urgency and timeliness
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; experience with HRIS or Applicant Tracking Systems a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Nigeria Labor Laws
- Strong communication across local and global teams
- Bachelor's Degree; 3 years work experience
Method of Application
Applicants should visit CHAI's Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)Similar Jobs
- Civil Engineer at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Deputy Project Director-Global Fund at FHI 360
- Health Systems Adviser at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Head, Administration & General Services at Action Health Incorporated (AHI)
- Consultant - SCEEP Endline Evaluation at ActionAid Nigeria
- Emergency Coordinator, Northeast at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Clinic Assistant at the International Rescue Committee
- Humanitarian Capacity Strengthening Officer at Catholic Agency for Overseas Development