If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
CTG Global is a managed service company specializing in Recruitment, Management Consultancy, Human Resources support services and Monitoring & Evaluation in post disaster and post conflict countries around the world.
CTG Global provides services to humanitarian organizations, government, non-governmental organizations and corporates that enables public and private sectors to focus on their core business and the achievement of their objectives in hostile and threatening environments as we provide a safe and secure environment for them to do so and alleviate them of their risks, crisis and personnel management problems.
Job ID: #1386871
Contract Duration Full-time
Overview of the Position
- The Human Resources Manager guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs.
- S/he serves as a strategic partner, aligning business objectives with employees and management.
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Keeps the organisation in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Develops, recommends, implements, monitors and modifies personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures and staff code of conduct.
- Prepares and administers all human resources budgets and reports.
- Responsible for employee relations strategies ensuring consistent interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures throughout the organisation. Provides employee relations support and coaching to management and staff.
- Manages the human resources information system through efficient and accurate data accumulation, processing and retrieval. Determines business information reporting needs and ensures data integrity and timely reporting.
- Responsible for the supervision of employees who recruit, test, interview and review the qualifications of prospective employees, either recommending, rejecting or referring applicants possessing satisfactory qualifications to hiring managers for further consideration. Knows current labour supply and complement of available labour force. May also do interviewing, if needed.
- May assist international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions, transfers.
- Designs, develops, implements, and monitors all organisation employee compensation and benefits policies, practices, and programs.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys to keep the wage and salary structure equitable with comparable firms in the community or industry; analyses compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Plans, organizes and directs health education and wellness programs to meet organisation goals and employee needs.
- Identifies training needs of the organisation. Develops and provides training. May include managerial development and vocational training. Evaluates and monitors success of training programs. Ensures training objectives are met. May contract and coordinate outside training services.
- Manages workers' compensation claim system, the medical management and return to work program, and the safety program for employees.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanour at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to the client’s Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Directly supervises employees holding positions of: HR Generalist, HR Coordinator and HR Assistant.
- Bachelor's degree from college or university in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of five years of managerial and supervisory experience with three years of experience in recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee relations, training special projects and government regulation, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Senior Human Resources Professional (SPHR) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) is preferred
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. Client is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their CV along with their Application letter via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to "BHJOB2678_988" in the subject line.
Note: Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.