If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Nigerian Institute of Animal Science (NIAS) in accordance with its Act No 26 of 2007 as amended 2015 hereby invite suitably qualified candidates for the position below of the Institute:
- The Position of the Registrar is a tenured appointment.
- The Registrar is the Chief Executive Officer and the Secretary to the Council atd is also responsible to Council for the day-today administration of the Institute,
- The candidate for the post of Registrar of the Institute shall be a Registered Animal Scientist with a PhD. or Master's Degree in Animal Science from a recognised University with a minimum of 15 years (for PhD, Degree holder) and 20 years (for Master’s degree holder) good Post-qualification experience in Public Service or Industry matters.
Such Candidates must be in good standing in the Profession as evidenced by:
- Annual Practisrng Licence with evidence of payment as and when due in the last five (5) years (2011 to 2015).
- Evidence of participation in the Mandatory continuing Professional
- Education (MCPE) in the last five (5) years (2011 to 2015)
- Evidence of participation at the Annual General Meetings of the Institute in the last five (5) years (2011-2015)
- In addition, being a Fellow of the Institute will be an added advantage. The candidate must have a clear vision for the continued growth and development of the Institute, demonstrate team building skill, entrepreneurial skill and ability to attract and mobilise other resources for the development of the Institute.
- Also the Registrar must be able to command the respect of the national and international professional communities and must enjoy excellent physical and mental health.
Terms and Condition of Service Applicable to the Post
- The Registrar shall hold office for four (4) years in the first instance renewable for another but final term of four (4) years stibject to good performance.
- The remuneration and other Conditions of Service are as applicable to similar positions in the Federal Public Service.
Method of Application
- Each application must be made in ten (10) copies and must be accompanied by the Cunioulum Vitae duly signed and dated.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three (3) referees who must be Fellows of the Institute. The Referees must be contacted to forward in properly sealed envelope, a confidential report on the applicant, to the President of NIAS.
- Each application must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and ten (10) copies of the candidates vision for the growth and development of the Institute, The vision statement must not be more than 250 words.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications under confidential cover, marked "application for the Post of Registrar" at the upper right hand corner to:
Nigerian Institute of Animal Science,
House 1, 45 Road, Off 4th Avenue,
Federal Housing Estate,