Equal Access (EA) is an international not for profit organization (501c3), headquartered in San Francisco and working throughout Asia, Africa and the Middle East. A communications for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, Equal Access creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that foster peace building and social cohesion, women & girls’ empowerment, youth life skills & livelihoods, human rights, health, as well as civic participation and good governance in the developing world.
EA has launched AREWA24, a satellite TV project which can be viewed on NILESAT 102, frequency 12226 focused on Hausa speakers in northern Nigeria and seeks a Finance and Administration Officer to help support the growth of AREWA24 and its Nigeria program.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Excellent written English skills
- Position holder is expected to provide translation services of scripts or relevant video files for Hausa speaking audiences.
- Engage actively in the correct interpretation of literary meanings of terms or pronunciation of words for effective comprehension by the audiences.
- Ensure speedy and timely translation of scripts within timeframe without compromising quality.
- Carry out any related assignment that might be given to them from time to time.
- English fluency as a language
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Experience, Qualification and Skills
- Three (3) or more years of script translation experience into the Hausa to English Language
- An education in Hausa/English language
- Excellent knowledge of Hausa and English languages
- Ability to translate phrases, terms and expressions in context (avoiding direct translations out of context)
- Ability to use computer based word processing programmes
- Previous work experience within structured work environment
- Ability to keep to timelines set for deliverables
- Excellent team player
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and deliver high quality written translation
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send an English writing sample with CV to: email@example.com Title of position applied for should be clearly stated as subject of the email