Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health NGOs in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health, HIV & AIDS prevention, and maternal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the British Department for International Development (DFID) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), as well as the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria among other international donors.
We seek to recruit qualified persons due to new programme initiatives and growth. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We require competent candidates for the vacant position of:
Primary Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Area 1: Project coordination and implementation (30%)
- Support programme team to develop operational work plans and budget for HIV prevention among FSW and their clients
- Support the coordination and implementation of comprehensive BCC community level intervention activities among FSW and their clients in accordance with approved project strategy and national minimum standard for intervention as described within the National Prevention Plan.
- Ensure the effective utilization of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the promotion of BCC, monitoring and evaluation of program activities
Area 2: HIV Prevention among FSW and their clients (30%)
- Support the implementation of evidence-informed comprehensive behaviour change communication programmes to address the HIV prevention, treatment, care and support needs of FSW and their clients.
- Support the implementation of comprehensive programmes that target “New Entrants to sex work” and address issues around vulnerability
- Support all community-based trainings for the implementation of comprehensive package of prevention targeted at key target groups in the region.
- Ensure that condoms, water-based lubricants and other sexual and reproductive health products are available and accessible to the FSW and clients communities.
- Compile and update list of service delivery centres (HCT, STI, FP) in the state as identified
Area 3: Monitoring and Evaluation (25%):
- Support the conduct of research (qualitative and quantitative) surveys in the region to better understand MARPs and their barriers to healthy behaviours, and to monitor and evaluate programs in FSW and clients communities.
- Monitor at least 50% of community level FSW & Clients interventions using nationally approved project tools.
- Ensure timely submission of quality report to the SFH Head Quarters on monthly and quarterly basis respectively.
- Assist in the monitoring of the implementation of the HIV Prevention strategies through regular field visits
- Support the Senior Program Officer (FSW and client) to ensure timely collation of reports and feedback from the field during Monthly Review Meetings
- Lead commodity and IEC distribution to intervention teams (IPCs, CSOs) and ensure no stock out.
- Support in the generation & documentation of Human Interest Stories from Prevention interventions
Area 4: Finance /Admin (10%)
- Support the development of budget and work-plan for FSW and their clients’ activities in the region.
- Provide retirement and program reports
- Support the accountability process in compliance to USAID financial rules and regulations
Area 5: Other assignments. (5%)
- Prepare monthly project activities (including financial) report.
- Proactively seek out and report relevant opportunities, success stories, linkages or challenges that may promote or otherwise for the Project.
- Carry out any assignment as may be decided by the Program Officer (FSW and client), Team leader and Territorial Manager.
Personal Attributes and Skills required:
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Coordination skills
- Analytical skills
- Planning skills
- Ability to manage stress
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications must include 1-page covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for and 2-page curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional referees.
The application should be sent as one MS Word document and addressed to the State Team Leaders - SHiPS for MARPS Nasarawa State and sent to: email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by closing date above. The Successful candidate from the recruitment must own a laptop and will be prepared to reside/relocate to Mararaba Karu LGA - Nasarawa State.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.